High school student. [14]

After we ate, we went outside. Her little friends followed along. I looked around, "I'm not sure if you've seen me using my abilities?" I asked, looking over to Orihime. "Um..." she scratched her cheek with her index finger, "Actually, I didn't see what happened during the fight..." she explained, "I only arrived right before you got stab."

I nodded, "Oh, yeah, I asked you to run..." I laughed nervously. I held her hand, "Don't panic, okay?" I said. She nodded as we started floating up slowly. She looked around with awe as our feet no longer touched the ground, "This is impressive, Neddy-Chan!" she beamed.

I laughed, flattered by her praise, "I'm gonna bring us up higher, okay?" "Okay!" she said, full of energy. The two of us floated until we reached the roof of our building. The two of us stood on the roof. "I manipulate gravity," I explained, sitting down on the roof, "Besides floating, I can also force someone to the ground or fling them up or push them aside," I hugged my knees as Orihime settled beside me.

She let out a long, "Oh," nodding her head. We both went silent as we both looked up to the sky. The stars were twinkling in the dark sky. I rested my chin on my knees as I closed my eyes and enjoyed the light breeze of the night. 

My hand went to my necklace as I started fiddling with the bracelet. I opened my eyes, sighing as I stared out to the suburban of Karakura Town. My mind wandered off. And it hit me with the memory of Nnoitra's dying state. Blood pooled around him. He laid on the white sand in his own blood. 

That dumb grin on his lips as he spoke to me.

I quickly shook my head, trying to shake off the memory and the feelings that came with it. I sighed, placing my forehead on my knees. "Neddy-Chan...?" Orihime softly called out, placing a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to her, noticing all her little friends were gone, and her hairpins were on her t-shirt.

I unclasped the necklace and took out the bracelet. I placed the silver bracelet on my lap, it reflected the moonlight, causing it to shine elegantly. I looked over to Orihime. She was staring at the bracelet. I stood up, grabbing the bracelet. I rubbed my thumb against the cold material. I took a deep breath, getting ready to toss the accessory away.

"Neddy-Chan, wait," Orihime placed her hand over mine. She slowly brought my hand down. I opened my fist, the bracelet in my hand. She cupped my hand gently, "Are you sure...?" she asked, looking at the bracelet, "Are you sure you want to throw that away, Neddy-Chan...?" she looked over to me. 

Her brown eyes filled with emotions. She looked like she was trying to understand what I was going through. Hell, even I couldn't understand what it was. I like him. But I shouldn't. Keeping this bracelet would keep reminding me of him. But I wanted to keep it, make sure it was near to me always. My lips quivered, and my eyes watered as I stared at the bracelet.

I looked at Orihime, gently shaking my head. "Neddy-Chan," she spoke in a soft hushed town, "Tell me what's wrong," she said, "Tell me what's going on in your head." Streams of tears went down my cheeks. My throat closed up, and I wasn't able to say anything. I looked into her brown eyes. 

She wrapped her hands around me. Her hand caressing my hair in a comforting way. I placed my face on her shoulder as I quietly sobbed. "It's alright, Neddy-Chan," she softly muttered, "It's okay to have feelings like this." I shook my head, "I killed him," I said softly, I looked at Orihime, "I killed him," I repeated, "With his own blade. With my own hands..." I bit my lip. 

"And I..." my chest ached painfully with guilt and regret. "I..." I couldn't say it. I was afraid to say it. I felt like a damn cliché. My throat closed up, and I couldn't speak again. I buried my face into her chest, my breath shaking. I clung myself onto Orihime, clawing my hands on her back. She patted my back gently along with rubbing it softly.

I pulled myself away from her, rubbing my eyes. She patted my back, "Let's head back," she said softly. I nodded as I lowered the two of us to my floor. She gave me a smile, "Get some rest, Neddy-Chan," she said, "It isn't your fault." I looked at her, "It isn't your fault all that happened. It isn't your fault you feel that way towards him, Neddy-Chan," she pulled me into a hug again.

"You don't have to face the feeling," she said, "You just have to accept it," she pulled away and held my hands, "Accepting it doesn't make you a bad guy, Neddy-Chan," she shook her head gently, "It just makes you human. It makes you understand yourself more."

I gave Orihime a weak smile, slowly nodding. "Thank you," I whispered as I let go of her hand. She slid the silver bracelet onto my palm, "Good night, Neddy-Chan," she muttered as she started walking away. I watched her as she went down the stairs.

I closed the door behind me, looking at the bracelet in my palm. I walked to my bedroom, my eyes still on the accessory. I closed the door behind me, I turned and leaned on it. My back slid down until I reached the floor. I held the accessory against my chest, closing my eyes.

I hated it.

I felt like a damn cliché. Like the nerd girl falling for the bad boy type of cliché. I was raised better than this! The annoying thing was I find it hard to gather my composure. I leaned my head on the door, my eyes still closed. I shook my head. I stared at the ceiling. 

Why was it so hard to accept it? Accepting it doesn't make you a bad guy, Neddy-Chan, but it was still so difficult to accept the fact. I couldn't say it out loud. I shunned it away as soon as it came to mind. Repeating the same denial of words. Every time I came to the realization, I quickly ignore it.

I got up, clasping the necklace open and sliding the necklace back into the discoloured chain. I threw myself onto the bed, face first. I tucked my hand under the pillow. I closed my eyes.

I'll accept it sooner or later.