Doing some [4]

I ruffled my own hair and combed it with my fingers. The other silently watched me. "There," I placed my hand down, "It makes no difference, I know," I sighed, turning to the building. "Let's get this over with," I mumbled and started walking. The rest tagged along behind me as I heard several footsteps following.

"So, you ladies having fun with her?" His voice chirped but I couldn't see where he was. "Up here, angel," I looked up, seeing him sitting on a wall. I gave Shinji a wave and he smiled at me. 

"Captain Hirako!" Momo beamed, looking at the blond captain. His brown eyes went to the brunette, "Oh, Lieutenant Hinamori," he greeted, "Don't tell me ya got me more paperwork."

Momo shook her head, "We're paperwork-free today, captain," she smiled. Shinji looked relieved. He got down from the wall, "C'mere, I need to talk to ya," he gestured to me. I looked over to the ladies. Yoruichi nodded, giving me a teasing smile. Rangiku winked. Momo and Isane gave me a thumbs up. I turned away from them and followed Shinji.

I stood in front of Shinji. He looked around, making sure no one was watching. He cupped my face, "Do ya have any idea how worried I was ?" He shook me a little. 

I adjusted my glasses, "Uh..." I said, "I guess like a lot?" 

He chuckled a little, "Damn right," he pulled me into a hug. A really tight one. To the point, my body ached a little. 

"Captain Hirako, you're hurting me a little," I patted his back.

"Sorry," he let go of me and pulled away. 

I scratched the back of my head, "Sorry that I worried you..."

"Nah, it's alright," he grinned, showing his pearly whites. Which reminds me of... My lips became a straight line as my whole mood suddenly changed.

The Espada was still lingering in my mind.

"Shinji-San..." I spoke softly, "You remember the 10 years promise?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, what's wrong?" I bit my lip as I fiddled with my fingers, "Well..." I paused, looking down a little, "It might sound sudden but... I think you should date Hiyori-San..." I looked up a little, seeing the corner of his mouth twitching up, "It sounds silly but you two had a lot of chemistry."

"Comparing her to me, you're closer to her. I don't want you to throw away your chemistry with her just because I helped you at a festival. I know the feeling of getting your relationship thrown away so easily just because an interesting person came into their life... I don't want anyone to know that feeling..."

"What I'm trying to say is... we're only official in 10 years and that also has conditions. Plus I'm pretty sure Hiyori-San would probably accept if you ask her out," I looked up at him, "If she ends up beating you up, I'll do anything you ask me to," I paused, "If I can do it, of course..."

Shinji stared at me, his expression quite surprised. "Yer somethin', Neddy," he chuckled, shaking his head, "But, sure, I'll ask that idiot out," he said, "If I get beat up, you'll go out on a date with me," a pause, "An actual date."

"That involves kissing...?" I asked, fiddling with my fingers. He smirked and nodded. I stared at him for a moment, blinking. "Deal," I said, placing my hand out. He shook my hand and that locked the deal. "You could've suggested something else, but I guess that isn't so bad," I laughed, crossing my arms, "And don't mention I asked you to do this."

"I won't," he smiled. "I have to ask ya something," his expression changed and his smile faded away, "What happened when you were in Hueco Mundo?" I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. 

I was having mixed feelings about my whole experience being held as a special guest at Las Noches.

"Uh..." I finally spike after being quiet for a minute, "Lots of things. Mainly, I got taken advantage of..." I rubbed my arm, biting my lip. My feet shuffled as I was nervous as hell, "Most of the time I was passed out 'cause they all exhaust me of my abilities."

I remembered the pastel red lace I had to wear under the uniform after my previous undergarments were ruined. And then I wondered if I was still wearing the red lace.

Shinji slowly nodded, "Just curious but I can't help but noticed when ya defeated the Espada something bothered ya." 

My body tensed up as I found myself frozen in front of him. My head buzzed with panicked thoughts. "U-Uh..." I muttered, "It was my first murder..." I quickly replied, "I feel kind of disturbed by the fact I killed someone with their own blade..."

He patted my shoulder, "Hey if it makes ya feel any better, he was an enemy and a tough one too. Ya did the Gotei 13 a huge favor." 

I managed a smile. But it didn't make me feel any better. I was still feeling guilty and burdened by the fact I killed him. I sent him back into Hell. He was someone who gave me something a few moments before the battle.

And it wasn't just some lousy gift, it was something he wore every day.

"Thanks, Shinji-San..." I said, turning away from him, "I should go back to the group." I looked at him, mustering a smile, "I wanna see more of Seiretei." 

He smiled right back, "Go ahead," he said, "Just come over to my office before ya leave, alright?" 

"Alright."

I turned away from him and went over to the group. I waved him goodbye. I turned to the ladies, "So..." Rangiku spoke, "Anything you'd like to share?" I looked at them. Everyone leaned forward to me except for Nanao and Unohana. The two stayed at the back of the group but they seemed interested.

"What are you guys expecting? A love story?" I crossed my arms, "I'm not a clichē. This isn't a movie."