On a date [24]

My face instantly went red, and my Japanese vocabulary disappeared from my head. Keigo looked and Shinji, his spirits went down drastically, he lowered his head to the ground. I felt pity for the boy. "Keigo," I took a step forward, "I mean, we can go out sometimes," I smiled at the brunette.

"No," he shook his head, turning away from me, "Don't play with my feelings!"

"Keigo--."

"No!" he sobbed, "I'm going home!" Before I could say anything else, he walked away, pretty quickly. "Keigo!" I shouted, my feet ready to sprint after him. Tatsuki stopped me, "Don't worry about him," she sighed, "He's usually like this after rejection."

"I feel bad," I said, "He's like a sad puppy..."

Tatsuki looked over to me, "You're very sympathetic, Ned," she shook her head, "He'll find someone one day, besides you have that person for you to handle," she gestured to Shinji, "I don't get it. I really thought you would like Uryu or even Chad."

I paused for a minute, "Huh," I finally said, "Maybe I do have interest in Uryu..." my mind wandered to that night. The way he calmly handled those thugs without breaking a sweat. His hand holding mine as we made our way through the crowd. 

I was silent for a long time, too suspiciously long.

"You're awfully quiet," Tatsuki cocked her eyebrow at me, "Thinking about Uryu?" I blinked, quickly shaking her head, "Sorry! I got too carried away!" I laughed right after, scratching the back of my neck, I should talk to him someday. I looked at the sky, seeing it was a shade of orange and blue, "Hey, we should go before it gets dark," I said, looking back to the group.

I looked over to Hiyori, who had groceries in her hands, "Do you want me to help you with that?" I asked her, smiling at her before looking over to the watch on my wrist. "Nah, I have baldy here," Hiyori gestured to Shinji. She stuck her tongue out at him, he did the same.

The watch on my wrist beeped, causing everyone to look at me. I froze, slowly turning to them, "Look away, please," I said, barely audible. I had to do a small twirl, or I'll get electrocuted. But the twirl was so dramatic, it was embarrassing to do. "Tick Tock, Neddy, you're gonna get electrocuted," Kisuke cooed from the device, I could picture his dumb grin.

My face deepened in red as I twirled. Yellow ribbons flew out. My figure elegantly lifted off the ground a little. It was only a few seconds, but it felt like forever. I was hoping to God they blinked and missed the whole thing. I turned around, out of my Karakura-Raizer Uniform, and wearing my school uniform.

Tatsuki and the rest were out of their uniforms. I looked over to Shinji and Hiyori. Hiyori's expression was deadpan, while Shinji looked impressed. I looked at my wrist, "Kenapalah kau buat saya macam ni..." Why did you do me like this... I muttered, flicking the device before looking at the two. 

"Right," I said, looking over at Tatsuki and Chizuru, "Thanks for the help, guys, couldn't have done it without you," I smiled, adjusting my glasses. Tatsuki smiled at me, "I did nothing, you should thank Chizuru over there," she gestured to the red-haired girl, "She did most of the dirty work."

"Dirty work..." I muttered, pausing right after. Tatsuki and I exchanged looks before looking over to Chizuru. "Um," I laughed a little, "So, see you at school tomorrow?" I shrugged, smiling at her sheepishly. Tatsuki nodded, walking away, dragging Chizuru with her. 

I let my features relax as I watched the two walk away. I turned to the other two, "I'm surprised you two are still standing here," I smiled at Hiyori and Shinji with my hands behind my back. "I'm waiting for baldy to stop staring at you," Hiyori muttered, gesturing to Shinji.

I looked at Shinji, laughing a little, "Do you have anything to say?" I asked. Shinji looked over to Hiyori, "Ya can go y'know," he said. She narrowed her eyes, "What are ya planning to do?" she crossed her arms, "You have things to carry."

He took my hand, "Sorry, I'm taking her out on a date," he walked away from Hiyori as he said that, "Ya can carry them all just fine!" I panicked slightly, looking behind as he dragged me away. "Isn't Hiyori gonna beat you up?" I asked, my eyes still glued on the short female.

Hiyori dropped the grocery bags onto the floor, her hand reaching behind her back. My eyes widened, as I pulled on his sleeve, "Hirako-Kun, she's reaching for her Zanpakuto," I said in alarm, "Hey, are you going to ignore that? The last time she kicked me, I had a bleeding nose and some debris on my clothing."

I quickly ran over to Hiyori, taking the groceries into my hands, "We haven't talked to each other in a while, haven't we?" I said, trying to carry as many bags as possible. Don't cut me up, don't cut me up, don't-- "Don't you have a date?" Hiyori mumbled, putting away her Zanpakuto to my relief.

"That can wait," I said, waving my hand, "I'll gladly help you carry these." I beamed at the tired-looking blond. She reminded me of my older sister, tired, angry and short. Hiyori looked at me and snatched the bags from my hand, "Tch," she said, looking at me like a pest, "I can carry these myself."

Hiyori walked away without another word, her hands carrying the rather heavy grocery bags. "See you soon, Sarugaki-san!" I said, watching her walk away. Shinji placed his hand on my shoulder, "For a moment there, I thought ya were gonna ditch me for Hiyori," he said, giving my shoulder a pat. I looked at him, "You know, just because I'm here, doesn't mean you should ignore her," I placed my hands on my hips, "And what's with the sudden date?"

"Remember the promise we made at Seretei?" he asked. I went silent for a moment, "You asked her, didn't you?" I replied. 

He grinned, "I did my part of the deal, its yer turn."