Just being [12]

It was already morning. I was getting ready for school. The house was quiet. Abarai-Kun wasn't staying with me anymore. I opened the door to his room. I sighed, seeing it a mess. The bed wasn't made. At least it gave a sign that he stayed there. And it made me feel less lonely. I closed the door and headed to the kitchen.

I looked into the fridge, seeing most of the food had gone bad. My nose scrunched up in disgust, "My clone didn't cook," I scoffed, closing the fridge. I took my school bag, "I need to clean that up after school," I mumbled as I head to the front door. I went out of my house, locking the door behind me.

I went down the stairs and walked to school. I looked at my watch, seeing the date. I raised my eyebrows, realizing my birthday passed a few days ago. And I figured I was at Las Noches during that time. My hand went to my necklace, fiddling with the silver bracelet.

The only gift I got was that oversized bracelet from someone who didn't even know it was my birthday.

I shoved the necklace back under my uniform, I shouldn't think about him too much. It'll make me feel terrible. I took a deep breath and let it out. I mustered up a smile, "Everything is going back to normal," I said, looking up, "I can spend these months as a student," I sighed happily as I continued walking.

I walked into the school gates, looking around. I stopped at the gates to look at the school. I pushed my glasses up. I took this place for granted. Thanks to the incident, I would never take it for granted ever again. I walked into the school and went straight for my class. 

I pushed the door open as I walked into the home room. I went to my table, placing my bag on the table, and sat down. I fiddled with the contents of my bag, taking out a notebook. I haven't drawn anything in weeks. I opened the notebook and mindlessly doodled. 

My fingers tapped against the table. My pink uwabaki shoes tapped against the tile. I stopped, biting the end of my pencil as I stared at the blackboard at the front. I realized our English teacher was going to be someone else. I felt relieved, I never felt good during lessons anyway.

"Neddy-Chan!" someone beamed, standing beside me, "I love your glasses!" Orihime said. I turned to look at the orange-hair girl. I smiled and fiddled with the golden spectacles, "Thanks," I replied, "Though, Ishida-Kun helped me pick these." Orihime looked at me amazed, "He did?" she asked. I nodded.

Her brown eyes filled with joy and curiosity, "I'm surprised you're really quick to recover from the incident..." she said, "I had to take a break from school for weeks after what happened to me," she said, fiddling with her fingers. I paused to think of her words. Yes, I was able to go to school without a problem.

Most of my injuries were recovered. But what about my mental stability?

I laughed, waving my hand, "I'm just quick to bounce back, y' know?" I said. Maybe I haven't recovered from all of it yet, but I was raised to separate my emotions from school. Thanks to that, I was able to do head to school without a problem. But it would affect my grades and productivity.

Ichigo walked into the class. He had some kind of sad aura around him. His head lowered and he slouched slightly. It was only a few days ago, he lost his Shinigami powers. I was explained he was pretty attached to it. I would understand why he looked that way. 

Imagine creating a lot of bonds with people, only to have it snatched it away in a blink of an eye.

Orihime was looking at Ichigo with concern, which wasn't a pretty emotion on her. Her brown eyes filled with sadness as her eyebrows were tilted down. Her hands formed on a fist, were resting on her chest. She looked over to me. "You can go to him," I said, "I'm fine. Ichigo, however..." I gave Orihime a nod of reassurance before she went over to him.

***

I walked down the streets, the skies were orange. I missed walking side-by-side with Shinji. As he flirted and joked with me. I sighed, shaking my head, he's a captain. He's a busy man even if it doesn't look like it. I looked to my side, seeing a sheet of paper stuck on a telephone pole. Librarian wanted. I raised my eyebrows, taking a phone number that hangs from the paper.

"I could get a part-time job," I mumbled as I continued walking, "Plus I've been a librarian before." I took out my phone and saved the number, so I could contact it after. I snapped my fingers, remembering I had to clean out my fridge, which wasn't something I find pleasing. I made a turn to head over to the store.

The doors slide open as I entered. The air-conditioning made me shiver a little. I took a basket and took what I needed. Garbage bags, some snacks, drink and some re-heatable food for dinner. I walked to the cashier, giving the boy a smile. He scanned all the items and told me the price as he bagged all the items. 

I handed him cash and took the bag, giving the boy one more smile before leaving the store. I walked back to my apartment. The night was quiet. Everything was normal. I couldn't even sense anything wrong in the air, which made me slightly suspicious, but I dismissed it.

I unlocked the door and went in, softly announcing my return. I placed the bag on the kitchen counter. Sighing, I looked at the unkempt kitchen. At least the sink was clean. The whole setting, however, was disappointing. It grabbed all the items and placed them back into the shelves. I opened the fridge as I grabbed the garbage bag.

I took a bag of lettuce, seeing all the black patches on it. I sighed, "Didn't Renji cook anything in this house while I was gone?" I mumbled as I shoved it into the garbage bag. I took the milk carton and shoved it into the back. I took a step back.

"This is going to be a long night."