Dumb Shenanigans [5]

Okay, I lied. I was a big cliché. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have fallen head over heels for a person I just met. Or a person I frequently tease and be around with. As I said, I was a hopeless romantic. Something my Asian household would make fun of.

We continued the tour. My fingers kept fiddling with the necklace I tucked under my kimono. I checked, and yes, I was still wearing red pastel lace. At least the lace was pretty and I got to keep it. "This is the 6th division's headquarters and barracks," Nanao informed. I looked over where she gestured.

"Captain Kuchiki Byakuya is the captain," Rangiku said. Some of the ladies let out a dreamy sigh, including me. "He's really stunning, I have to say," I muttered, looking at the building. Rangiku nodded, "I agree, he is." We all went silent, staring at the building.

"Moving on!" Nanao cleared her throat and started walking. We all followed her.

***

It has been hours. We all stopped in front of a dojo-looking building. Yachiru pulled on my sleeve, "Can you tell me your family name?" she asked suddenly, "So I can give you a nickname!" 

I blinked, "Well, I don't exactly have a family name," I laughed nervously, "But I can tell you my middle name," I paused,  "Amira."

"Amira?" she hummed, "Mira-Mira!" she beamed. She pulled on my sleeve, leading me into the building, "Ken-Chan wants to meet you!" I froze, feeling an overwhelming Reiatsu. The rest of the ladies took my other hand, "We're moving on!" Isane said, sounding a little panicked. Yachiru pouted, "No! Not until Mira-Mira fights Ken-Chan."

"Woah, Woah, Woah," I took a step back, "Fighting?" I laughed nervously, "No, I'm not fighting anyone today." 

Someone came out from the dojo. "Ned!" Ichigo shouted, then immediately covered his mouth. He looked back into the dojo and approached me, "Get out of here!" he whispered-screamed at me, "Before he senses you're here."

"Ken-Chan, she's here!" Yachiru shouted as I noticed she wasn't by my side anymore.

"Time to go!" the ladies grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the dojo. I turned to them, "Was that 11th division?" I asked as I regained my footing and ran with them. "Yes," Momo said, "And you should avoid that at all costs," she continued, "They're really scary people."

"I gotta admit," Yoruichi spoke, "I agree with her. Don't go near that place."

"You've defeated the same Espada as he did," Isane said, "He'll take you as a strong opponent and he'll challenge you any day."

"Which you shouldn't accept!" Rangiku added.

Ichigo was running right beside us, "He's right on our tail!" he shouted, sounding extremely panicked. I looked behind still running, seeing a tall figure with black hair and a noticeable scar across his left eye. 

Yachiru on his shoulder, "There she is, Ken-Chan!"

"I don't wanna fight that!" I shouted at Ichigo. 

"Me neither!" he shouted back. 

"Kurosaki, take her," Rangiku said. Ichigo snapped his head to the blond, 

"What?!" he asked, "Why? That'll slow me down!" 

"Just take her! We'll distract him by making him think we have Ned."

"How is he supposed to get away with me?" I asked, looking at the two. 

"Cling onto his chest," Rangiku said. Ichigo's face turned beet red. "Thanks to your height, you can cling onto his chest without being seen."

Ichigo looked over to me, "F-Fine!"

The ladies picked me up and shoved me to Ichigo's chest. I slid my hands and feet into his Shihakusho and hugged his torso. He yelped, feeling my hands and heels on his back. 

"How does it feel to have a girl's hand on ya, Kurosaki?" Yoruichi teased. 

"Sh-Shut up!" Ichigo shouted, embarrassed. 

"Don't stop until you don't sense his Reiatsu, alright?" Rangiku said and Ichigo nodded.

We took a turn while the group took the right. "To the left, Ken-Chan!" Yachiru said which made me breathe out in relief. 

I looked at his chest, "Hey, you got impressive packs," I informed, "Pfft, I should have expected that since you train a lot." 

Ichigo looked flustered, "Th-Thanks."

We went silent. He was a fast runner I could tell you that.

Ichigo stopped, "Uh, you can let go now." 

I took my feet out and placed them on the ground, followed by my hands sliding out of his uniform. I patted his chest, "Thanks. Sorry if I was heavy," I laughed a little. I looked behind us. 

"Good thing Yachiru and Kenpachi have a terrible sense of direction," Ichigo muttered.

I turned to the front, "So..." I said, "What do we do now?"

The orange-hair shrugged, "I'm not gonna show you where Squad 12 is," he scratched the back of his neck, "I have a feeling you might get creeped out by the captain." 

I slowly nodded, "There's Squad 13, right?" I asked. 

Ichigo nodded, "I guess it'll be okay for me to introduce you to Ukitake."

I followed Ichigo. I looked around. Honestly, everything looked the same. I felt like we were walking an endless hallway of some sort. That kind of reminds me of... The scenery finally changed. I looked around, noticing we were near some kind of lake house. I looked into the pond, seeing huge Koi fishes. 

"It's so peaceful here," I muttered, awed by the whole scenery. I turned to Ichigo, "This doesn't look like the 13th Division Headquarters," I said. 

He pointed to a building nearby, "That's the headquarters," he gestured to the little hut that stood above the pond, "That's where the captain usually stays," he paused, "Or so I was told."

"Are we allowed to be here?" I asked him. 

He started walking down the wooden bridge as he shrugged. I shook my head but followed him. He stood by the entrance, "Yo." I peeked from behind him. 

My eyes caught his long white hair and warm green eyes, "Oh, Kurosaki," he greeted us with a smile.

And that smile was something else. I had never seen such a smile, it gave me such a warm sensation on my chest and cheeks.

Ichigo pulled me from behind him, "Ned, this is Ukitake Jūshirō," he gestured to the figure standing in front of me. His hair was white but his eyebrows were black, which made me think he dyed his hair white. I smiled a little at his name. It had Shiro in it, which matches his hair. 

"It's nice to meet you, Ned," he smiled.

I swear that smile wasn't some ordinary smile.