🖤 T W E N T Y - T H R E E 🖤

🖤Chapter Twenty-Three: Genuine🖤

🖤🖤🖤

We all walked back to Mikado's place, sitting down around the small table he had as the two of them interrogated me. It was getting a little late. Around five in the afternoon.

"Inra, why didn't you tell me you ran away?" Mikado questioned, worried eyes staring at me as my eyes locked onto my hands as they began fidgeting with each other in my lap.

I shrugged my shoulders, staring off to the side, "I don't know... I guess I just didn't want you to worry..."

Mikado frowned, "Well, I'm still worried. Your parents are here now in Ikebukuro because you ran away."

"How did they know you were in Ikebukuro, anyway?" Masaomi questioned, sitting cross-legged in front of the small table.

"I wrote them a note. I told them I was coming here with Mikado and that I would call them every day..."

"And did you?"

I remained silent, staring down at my hands. I felt like I was being scolded.

"Inra."

I let out a sigh, looking off to the side, "No."

Masaomi groaned and Mikado let out a disappointed sigh. "Inra, you have to tell us these things. We're your friends. We can help you."

I looked away nervously, "I know that. I just don't like bothering you guys with my problems. It's not fair to you."

"Keeping in your feelings isn't going to help you. It's good to talk to people. It'd just make you feel worse if you were to bottle up all your problems." Masaomi said, leaning back on the ground as he held up his upper body with his arms, staring over at me.

I chuckled softly at my stupidity, "I guess you have a point. Thanks." I said and looked up as I sent him a small smile.

He nodded at me before standing up from the ground. "I should probably get going. If you need anything, just call." He said, walking over to the door as he pulled on his shoes.

I nodded, watching him get ready to leave. "Yeah. Sure. See you tomorrow, Masaomi."

"See you later." He said and walked out of the door, waving as he left with a smile.

"I should probably leave as well." I looked over, seeing Anri standing up from the table and grip her small purse in front of her, "Thank you for today," She said, bowing to us.

"I-It's no problem! Glad you could come with us, Anri." Mikado said, a shy blush on his cheeks as he smiled at Anri, standing up from the ground as he walked over to the door with her while she put her shoes back on.

I smiled at him. His crush on Anri was more than obvious. It was cute. Mikado held the door open for her when she left, her turning back to him before bowing once more, turning to leave as Mikado closed the door.

I smiled at him as he made his way back to the table, sitting back down.

"So... Inra." He said, looking at me with worried eyes, "Are you okay? Honestly?"

My smile faltered, "I mean... yeah, I guess." I replied, looking off to the side as I shrugged my shoulder, "My parents are probably now actively looking for me to take me home..."

He stared at me as I let out a stressed sigh, my hands gripping my head as I leaned forward, "What're you going to do?"

"What can I do?" I replied, "My parents want to take me home, I want to stay here. With my brother. I just found him, Mikado. I won't leave his side again. I can't."