🖤 T H I R T E E N 🖤

🖤Chapter Thirteen: Stranger🖤

BRINING 

BRINING

BRINING

BRINING-- 

I groaned and buried my face into my blanket. It was dangerously cold in my apartment, and my heater is being slow and isn't turning on.

I just wanted to stay in bed and sleep. I had barely gotten any sleep last night. I tried following that guy who I kept seeing around, but I ended up losing him after he turned a corner. It took me forever to get back home and by the time I did, it was almost 2:30 a.m.

I yawned and sat up in my futon, the blanket falling into my lap. I flipped the thick blankets off me and stood up in my black shorts and white tank-top. It might as well be 40 degrees and I'd still wear shorts and a t-shirt.

I yawned and stretched the curtains to my window open, letting the dark morning light beam in. Checking the clock, it was 5:00 a.m. 

"Damn, I only got two-and-a-half hours of sleep? Fuck me..." I murmured drowsily and rubbed my arms as I shivered. "I gotta get that heater fixed..."

I opened my fridge and pulled out a tub of yogurt and some strawberries and blueberries. Grabbing a small bowl from my cabinet, I set it down and pulled out a spoon and began scooping some vanilla yogurt into my bowl. Grabbing the granola from my cereal pantry, I began pouring a layer onto the yogurt, placing my freshly cut fruit along the edges and sprinkling blueberries in the center.

Yawned and took my breakfast to the small table with my spoon, setting it down for me to eat. I rubbed my eyes and got ready to take my first bite. 

I looked behind me at my door as it was knocked upon. Glancing at my clock, it was only 5:05, which was way too early for any visitors. 

In my sleepy state of mind, I mindlessly stood up and walked over to the door and opened it, rubbing my eye as I said, "...Hello...?"

"Good mor-ning~!" They sang as they pushed through the door. 

I yawned again rubbed both my eyes, "Mikado, it's too early. It's not time to walk to school yet..."

"Forgive me, Inra, but I just came to see how you were doing this early morning!"

I yawned again and shrugged, "I'm fine, I guess." I sniffed and walked back over to the table, sitting down to eat my breakfast. 

"My, it's quite cold here. You could get sick."

I took a bite of yogurt, granola, and a strawberry, "My heater won't start." I replied,

"And you're wearing shorts?" Mikado asked.

I shrugged, taking another bite of my breakfast, but this time with blueberries.

All of a sudden, a very large, and very thick blanket was wrapped around my shoulders. 

I sighed, enjoying the feeling of the heavy heap of a blanket on my shoulders. "Thank you..."

"Of course!"

A few minutes passed, and the smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the atmosphere. I took a deep breath, enjoying the scent.

In just a few seconds, a hot cup of coffee was set down in front of me. Grabbing the mug, I took in it's sent before taking a sip, enjoying the bitter but slightly sweet coffee.