🖤 S I X 🖤

🖤Chapter Six: Wish He Never Left🖤

I sighed, clutching my stomach as I walked through the busy streets of Ikebukuro at 9:30 in the afternoon. After that incident with Nolan and that angry bartender, I've just been wondering. I didn't want to go back to my apartment because I knew Mikado would hear me and begin to ask questions.

That's a risk I'm not willing to take.

But... That guy...

The one I ran into just a few hours prior. He looked so familiar. Like a carbon copy. But there was no way that was him, right? It couldn't be.

Like I said earlier, there was no way that Izaya could just move away one day, just for me to coincidentally bump into him after moving to a new city with my friend. There was no way. Things like that happen in stories. And this was no story.

My stomach let out a loud growl, making me jump out of my thoughts. I looked around and spotted a restaurant the next block down.

"Russia Sushi," I mumbled to myself, squinting my eyes to better read the sign.

"I suppose that'll do for now. Let's hope it isn't too expensive..."

I finished crossing the street and began walking toward the restaurant, hoping to get some food in my starving stomach.

I ran across the street after looking both ways to make sure no cars were going to squish me under their fifty-pound tiers and entered the little restaurant.

There weren't many people inside, just the occasional solo person or a small group of shady men.

The men in the back stared at me as I walked in, and I debated whether to turn around and cook at home, but the loud growl of my stomach told me otherwise.

I walked over to the counter and looked at the menu, taking side glances at the table of the men in the back. I tried to ignore them, but I could feel their stares piercing my side.

My stomach churned when I heard a chair squeak. My heart began to race as one of the men walked towards me.

He walked past me. I sighed in relief, my heart slowing down to a normal pace.

"Welcome to Russia Sushi! How can I take your order?"

"Um... I'd like a Tuna Roll, please?" I said, looking shyly at the cashier. I was never good at ordering food, always thinking people would judge me by what I order.

Silly, I know.

"Coming right up!"

The man said before going to the back to the kitchen.

I sat down at the booth closest to the door, sitting by the window, staring at the dark city as it continued to live wildly.

I sat there. Waiting.

Waiting for my food. Waiting for those men to go away. Waiting for this day to be over. Waiting to forget about every bad thing that has happened to me...

My brother leaving.

Those videos from my old town.

Getting into fights because of my short temper...

If only I could restart.

I suppose moving here to Ikebukuro with Mikado was a close as it was going to get.

At least I don't have to deal with Nathon posting that video. Afterall, I did shatter his phone.

But I can't help but have a little bit of anxiety. What if he already posted it before I broke his phone?

I sighed, rubbing my eyes to try and get rid of the drowsiness and that video from my mind.

I looked over to the table in front of me and saw the Tuna Rolls in front of me.

I picked up my chopstick and broke them in half, picking up a tuna roll. I lifted the savory food to my lips and stopped,

'Mom would always make tuna rolls for me and Izaya as kids. It was his favorite. But I hated it...' I thought,

Did I subconsciously order this because of Izaya? Did just seeing Tuna Rolls on the menu trigger something in my mind that made me order them as something to hauntingly remind me that my brother isn't with me anymore?

Is this what my mind want's me to believe?

I don't even know anymore.

What is there to know?

I sighed again, losing my appetite. I poked the tuna with my chopsticks, my fist squishing against my cheek as my stomach gurgled, going this whole day without eating. And then fighting that guy, and running from the other guy.

It's a wonder I haven't puked my guts out yet.

Better to not jinx it though,

"How is your food?"

I looked up, seeing the same man from before.

'Is he the only one running this restaurant?'

"Oh, um... It's good... I guess," I mumbled the last part, going back to poking my food, making puncture holes because of the chopsticks and my under-the-weather attitude.

I sighed again for what felt like the hundredth time today and stood up, placing whatever money I had on the table and walked out of the doors, hugged my Raira uniform jacket close to my torso. I had taken it off a little while ago because I had gotten a little hot.

I walked the streets of Ikebukuro in my white button-up, red tie, blue skirt, and my shoes and sock.

My jacket was hung loosely over my shoulders as I hugged my arms close to my chest.

It was a fairly cold night out, seemingly colder than normal, and yet... I didn't bother putting my jacket back on. Maybe the cold would distract me from my thoughts long enough to where I don't go insane.

At this moment, I realized just how much I missed him. How much I've missed my brother. How much I've missed Izaya. How much I've missed our talks. How much I've missed our little arguments. How much I've missed our chill days of just relaxing on his bed as it stormed out in the dark night.

I couldn't help but let out a small sob. What did you expect me to do? Keep it all in and make it hurt even more?

But my question is why all of a sudden? Why is it that before I ran into that man on accident, I've been reliving all of those memories of us. Why now? I just want all of it to stop.

I've done my share of mourning when he first left. I don't need to do any more at sixteen years old. I'm out of tears to cry.

I've always had a connection with Izaya. He was always my teddy bear. He let me sleep with him when there was a storm. He let me wear the clothes that didn't fit him anymore. He helped me with my homework. He cared about me when mom and dad were at work and Mairu and Kururi were over at a friends house or just in their rooms.

Izaya didn't really like Mairu or Kururi. He said that they were annoying, so he mostly dragged me away from them, and I grew to dislike them. But never hate them.

Looking back, I didn't want to dislike them. I only wanted to please Izaya. He was my everything after all. I wanted him to be proud of me. And if that meant not liking someone he didn't like, then so be it.

I wish he never left...

🖤🖤🖤