🖤 T W E N T Y - N I N E 🖤

🖤 Chapter Twenty-Nine: Letters 🖤

🖤🖤🖤

I've been staying under Izaya's surveillance for almost two weeks now. It was better than Shinra's and Celty's, but I digress. He's been making sure I'm okay, and comfortable before he leaves. It was against the rules, but I didn't want to hold him back from doing what he enjoyed. 

He was never gone more than an hour or two, though, which I appreciated. This was all so weird to comprehend. One minute, I'm walking home with my friends having a swell ol' time, the next I'm being drugged trying to meet my brother, and then I'm drugged again and held hostage at Shinra and Celty's apartment. 

They were nice people, but certainly strange. It didn't make it any better when I asked Shinra about when I could leave, or more of what 'The Ohidians' did. He always brushed me off and changed the topic. They were nice to me but so very strange.

I wanted to go out. I had only gone out once during my near two weeks, and I was beginning to crave the outside again.

But the problem was that it was midnight. And I couldn't sleep. Spending all this time alone with my brother was nice, but it got boring. I wasn't allowed to go out without Izaya there with me, and he didn't like me going out, so he improvised by going out himself and getting me things.

He got me take-out, snacks, and other things to make me comfortable like a blanket or stuffed animal.

I just wished things could be different.

My phone broke completely. I tried fixing it, but the screen was too cracked to see anything and the keypad's buttons didn't push down very well.

I wanted to see my friends.

🖤🖤🖤

"Excuse me, sir! Do you have any idea where our friend is?"

A voice in the distance caught the attention of the tall bartender, his brown eyes glancing in the direction of the distress. He saw familiar faces. Desperate faces.

"Please, tell us if you know anything!"

He watched as two teenage boys stood at a corner street, handing out fliers to any, and everyone who passed during the late hours of the evening. Some people took them, others didn't spare a glance. He recognized them.

They were Inra's friends.

He had his hands in his pockets as he walked forward, watching as a man shook his head a refused a poster. More than likely not knowing what it was.

"Excuse me, have you seen our friend?"

"You used to be friends, right?"

Shizuo glanced down, not realizing the two boys were now in front of him after recognizing that he walked with Inra a few times.

"What? We weren't friends." He responded, feeling weird.

"She said that you two were friends. She also said that you got fired."

"She's also been missing for a month, and we haven't got a clue where she is. If you have any information, please, tell us. We... I just want my friend to be safe."

Shizuo stared down at the poster being shoved in front of him. It was indeed a picture of Inra. Printed in black and white, a wide smile on her portrait.