🖤 T H I R T Y - T W O 🖤

🖤 Chapter Thirty-Two: Gone 🖤

🖤🖤🖤

"Izaya, no, please! Don't leave me!"

"I have to go, Inra-"

"NO! Please!"

"Inra!"

Izaya held onto my arms as I cried hysterically, sobbing uncontrollably as I begged him not to leave.

"Inra, we can't just eat delivery food! I have to go to the supermarket!"

"Don't leave me alone! I'm begging you Izaya!" I gripped his coat tightly in my hands as I sank to the floor, sobbing. "I don't want to be alone anymore..."

Izaya crouched down next to me, his hands cupping the side of my face as his thumbs whipped away my tears. "I won't leave you alone... It'll be okay, Inra." 

I looked up at him through the thick dam of tears, my lips quivering as I tried to hold back my sobs.

"I still have to leave. You can come with me. I know you don't want to go out, but that's the only way for you to still be beside me."

I shook my head. "No, I don't want to go out. I want you to stay here with me." My voice was quiet and full of desperation. 

"Inra." Izaya gripped my shoulders, making me look into his eyes. "Either you're coming with me, or you're staying here. What's it gonna be?"

I bit my lip and looked away, tears beginning to fall again. "Okay..."

"So you're coming with me?"

I nodded, tears dropping from my chin.

Izaya slowly nodded. "All right, then. Take a shower and get dressed. I can wait until you're done. You might feel better."

I nodded meekly, slowly beginning to stand as I walked towards the bathroom with shaky legs. I entered the bathroom, closing it behind me before I undressed. I stared in the mirror, looking back at my reflection.

Long, dark hair that was dirty and unkempt. Tired, dead eyes staring at me through dull reddish-brown irises. I looked horrible. I watched as my face began to contort as I began to cry again. Crying was just about all I was doing these days. I sank to the floor, hugging my knees close to my chest as I fell over on my side, crying silently to myself.

I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't want to go anywhere anymore. I didn't want to see my friends. I wanted nothing to do with the outside if that meant I could be safe indoors. They were after me. The note on the door proved it. They remembered. Of course, they did. How couldn't they? They wanted my brother. Izaya. To join them. To join them and their sick gang.

I don't even know how much time had passed before I managed to pull myself together just enough to crawl over to the shower, climbing in as I turned the shower handles. I didn't even bother to check the temperature of the water. I quickly began feeling chilly water rain down on my depressing state.

I sat in there for what felt like hours, was probably only thirty minutes. I carefully stood from the shower floor, aiming to do my regular shower routine. I washed my hair, cleaned my body, and rinsed myself off. 

I still felt like shit, but at least I was clean.

I turned the shower off, stepping out onto the bathroom's shower rug as I began to dry off. I towel dried my hair just enough where it wouldn't drip everywhere. I wrapped the towel around myself and left the bathroom, entering my bedroom that was just across the hall. From there, I began changing. It didn't take long. I put on my undergarments and pulled an old shirt of Izaya's over my head, slipping on a pair of black skinny jeans, I left my room, not quite feeling better, but at least I didn't feel worse.

I walked out into the main area, seeing Izaya sitting on the couch. I walked over, grabbing a small pillow from the couch, and placed it on his lap. I sat on the couch, turning over as I laid my head down on the pillow. 

"Hey... Are you ready to go?"

"No," I responded quickly, my eyes starting mindlessly in front of me. "I want to stay here a bit longer."

Izaya nodded. "Okay... Okay... Just let me know..."

I silently nodded, taking in a small, shaky breath.

Some time went by- around half an hour or so- and I still had my head laying on Izaya's lap. I felt a bit better. I tried taking deep breaths the entire time to distract myself, and it seemed to work fine. Taking one last deep breath, I sat up, the pillow slightly damp from my hair.

"Are you feeling better?"

I nodded, "A bit..."

Izaya smiled and stood up. He walked over to the door and took his coat off of the coat hanger, waiting for me to stand. "Well, what are you waiting for, Slow-poke? Come on." He joked.

I smiled a bit and pushed myself off the couch, "Coming."

Izaya and I left the apartment after we put our shoes on, and I put his coat on. It wasn't the greatest feeling to be out. Especially after the note, but what could be done...

The hood was pulled over my head, and my eyes darted around with no end as we walked around. I stuck to Izaya's side like glue the entire time we were out.

The only time I let go of him was when he had to step onto a small ladder to get something from a high shelf since they didn't have it on the lower ones.

🖤🖤🖤

"You'll have to let go of me, Inra. I have to step on the latter." Izaya faced his sister, her staring up at him with anxiety. "It'll be fine. I'll be up there for three seconds." 

Inra frowned and hesitantly let go of her brother's shirt. Izaya smiled at his sister and stepped onto the latter of the supermarket, reaching his arm up high to retrieve a food item. The lower shelves were out of stock, and the products that would usually be on the lower shelves were stored on the very top shelf, which was too tall for either of them to reach.

Izaya stepped down from the latter, placing the jar of pickled peppers into their basket. "All right. All done. See? That didn't take long at all." Izaya said with a smile as he turned around after stepping onto the ground. His smile didn't last long. "Inra?"

Izaya looked around hastily, not seeing his sister anywhere. He didn't have his back turned for ten seconds! Where could she have gone!?

"Inra? Inra! Inra, answer me!"

Izaya dropped his basket of groceries, the glass jar shattering as it made contact with the market floor.

"Inra!"

🖤🖤🖤