🖤 T W E N T Y - F I V E 🖤

🖤Chapter Twenty-Five: How Cliche 🖤

🖤🖤🖤

"Inra?"

I looked up, seeing Mikado staring at me with worried eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"We've been asking if you knew what they wanted for a while now..."

"Oh... Sorry, I wasn't listening." I said mindlessly, my eyes staring blankly down at my hands. "I don't know." I eventually answered.

"Why did he say you humiliated him?"

I sighed, "He bumped into me on the street. I said something under my breath, he heard me, and then this whole thing happened where he grabbed my arm, and then I did the first thing my instincts told me to."

"And what was that?"

"I stepped on his shoe and twisted his arm around his back because he wanted to grab me again," I exclaimed, huffing as I crossed my arms.

"What did you even say to that guy?" Masaomi questioned, leaning back as his arms kept his upper body up.

"All I said when he bumped into me on the street was 'Excuse you,' and he got all angry." 

"Jeez. Talk about attitude problems." Masaomia said.

"Tell me about it," I said and let out a sharp sigh as I stood up, straightening out my skirt. "I should go now. I should've gotten to my brother's apartment by now."

"All right. Have fun."

"Be safe!"

I smiled at them and walked towards the door, slipping on my shoes. "Thanks. And I will. Don't worry, Masaomi." I turned and opened the door, closing the door behind me as I made my way o my own apartment.

I sighed as I open the door, kicking off my shoes as I walked into my bedroom. I began to change, pulling a simple black, white-collared sweatshirt with a thick white stripe running horizontally across the middle over my head, letting my shirts fall over a simple black skirt. I pulled up some black socks and pulled on the same pair of white chunky sneakers I wore yesterday.

I let out another small sigh, getting ready to leave, but a sound interrupted me.

I looked around, suddenly hearing the faint sound of ringing coming from somewhere in my apartment. I set down my bag with a hefty sigh and began searching the apartment for the source of the noise. 

After a few minutes of searching, I found the source of the sound hidden in the back lower cabinet under my bathroom sink. It was an alarm clock.

I reached back and picked up the clock, the ringing significantly louder. I stopped it, pressing the top of the ringing object. I let out an annoyed hum as I stared at it. I turned it around, seeing a bright yellow sticky note attached to the back. This wasn't my alarm. Was this something Izaya pulled while I was at school?

I plucked the note off the clock, reading it;

'I have something to show you. Meet me at the corner of Mikuma Street. It's urgent.'

My brows furrowed at the note. Did Izaya write this? There was no way. He always put a smiley face at the end of his notes. Was it something serious? I stood up and placed the clock and note on the bathroom counter to pull out my phone. I dialed Izaya's number and held the phone up to my ear. A few rings later, he answered.

"Inra~! What're you dawdling for?" He whined into the phone.

I ignored the question, and instead asked my own, "Hey, did you come over to my apartment earlier and leave a note under the sink?"