🖤 T H I R T Y - S I X 🖤

🖤Chapter Thirty-Six: To Save the Kid 🖤

🖤🖤🖤

12:43 am on November 19th, five days after Inra Orihara went missing for the second time.

Sirens. Phonecalls. Dispatchers. Phonecalls. Policemen. Phonecalls. Police Cars. Phonecalls. Ambulances. Firetrucks. More Phonecalls.

One phone call put everything into action:

"Bottom floor of the abandoned parking garage. She's there."

An unknown call from an unknown number. 

Rivalry feuds were put to a halt at another phone call.

Helicopters. 

Armed policemen.

"Come out with your hands up! We've got the place surrounded!"

11:36 pm on November 18th. 

Izaya walked down the streets of Ikebukuro, his eyes locked on the pavement in front of him. His mind was empty, thinking of nothing. He wore his usual black long sleeve and dark jeans. He held his hands in his pants pockets-- The void of his coat a constant reminder of what he's lost. Nearly five days. That's how long she's been gone.

Izaya walked with the crowd, his head down low as his mind trailed to places they needed not to be.

A mop of messy blond hair was unfortunately out at the same time. He too couldn't think, but at the same time, it's all he could do. He walked along the opposite sidewalk, standing taller than most of the people in the ground by at least a head height. 

He was enjoying a cigarette when he decided to look across the street. Then he saw him.

He wasn't angry for his usual reason. Not entirely. He couldn't put his finger on it. He felt like something was wrong.

He felt himself walking across the next crosswalk, walking in his direction.

When he got to him, he placed a large hand on his shoulder, squeezing slightly. "Izaya..." He growled. "Didn't I tell you to stay out of Ikebukuro?..." He felt odd saying this. Like it wasn't what he was truly angry about... But he had no idea what he was supposed to be angry about.

Izaya stopped, his head still hung low as he walked without his coat.

Shizuo bit down on his teeth as he gritted them, "Answer me!" He shouted as his grip on his rival's shoulder hardened.

Izaya slowly turned his head towards Shizuo, his dark bangs casting a heavy shadow over his eyes. "Leave me alone." He said.

Shizuo's brows furrowed and he stared down at the man in slight surprise. He hadn't expected that kind of answer. He didn't look like himself, but Shizuo continued as if it were another one of their encounters. 

Shizuo hasn't let go of his shoulder.

"I said let go of me...!" Izaya shoved away from Shizuo, his back turned towards him as his head hung low.

Shizuo frowned deeply. He had an odd feeling in his chest he couldn't shake. He had a feeling Izaya knew something about it. "Inra... Where is she?" He questioned anxiously. His gut sank further when he asked this, and it sunk even more when he realized whatever it was he was worried about was about to be answered.