Mount Natagumo Pt. 3

Slayer: "I'm so sorry...."

Y/n: "Hm?"

Slayer: "I might end up killing you!" she says as tears run down both of her cheeks.

Y/n: "Don't worry about that," you say as you slowly unsheathe your blade. "I'll make sure that I..."

You then look up to her with a determined yet empty look.

Y/n: "...will save you."

You then dash towards the manipulated slayer and quickly cut all of the web strings off of her. You then grab her and evacuate her out of the area. All of this happens in the blink of an eye.

Slayer: "What about my teammates?!"

Y/n: "All of them must be corpses by now," you respond as you continue looking forward.

Slayer: "Please! Help them! They can still make it!"

Y/n: "Tch. In the end, she still cares for her teammates. But that doesn't really matter, I don't sense any life from those bodies back there."

Slayer: "Please!"

Y/n: "Tch. Let me-"

You're cut off as multiple strings latch on to her and start pulling her back.

Y/n: "Damn!"

You then land on the side of a tree and jump aiming yourself towards her.

Y/n: "I gotta get to her fast!"

You stretch out your arm toward her as an attempt to grab her by the foot. You miss as you witness her getting pulled back to the previous area.

Y/n: "Dammit!"

Daiko: "Use it at it's full potential."

Y/n: "Nnhg...huh?"

Everything seems to be in slow motion as the whole area turns into the shade of gray.

Y/n: "What the hell's going on?"

Daiko: "It seems you don't know how to utilize both your demonic ability and the Breath of Darkness."

Y/n: "Huh?"

Daiko: "Tsk, tsk. Well, I let you find out the answer on your own."

Y/n: "Damn it, you just came here to mock me?!"

Daiko: "Of course not, here's one little advice for you then. Think of it as oil and fire. Go ahead and sprinkle some oil in the fire. That'd help you a lot."

Y/n: "Oil and fire? What the hell do you mean?!"

Daiko: "That's all for now, I bid you farewell!"

After Daiko disappears, everything goes back into the normal flow of time. You then look back infront as you continue trying to catch up to the slayer.

Y/n: "Damn that bastard! Sprinkle some oil to the fire? What the hell does he want me to do?!"

You stop on a branch of a tree as you get ready to execute a move.

Y/n: "Darkness Breathing. Fourth Form: Dash of Death."

Your body moves at high speed towards her as you get ready to use another move.

*Pause*

Chibi Zenitsu and Chibi Tanjiro walk into the scene.

Chibi Zenitsu: "Tanjiro! I'm confused!"