cat

+*..*+
sunday
at the skate park!!

"y/n! come here and give me your board!"

kageyama yelled out to you, in which you quickly obliged with no hesitation. your knee throbbed from the pain of continuously hitting the hard concrete—which was most likely due to the fact that you had been falling more than usual. it led the ravenette into thinking something was wrong with your skateboard.

you handed it to him.

"god damn, y/n. have you ever changed the wheels on this thing?" kageyama looked down at the tattered wheels on your skateboard, speaking to you with a questioning tone. you shook your head.

"no? you have to?"

"no. you keep the same ones for eternity." the boy teased, obvious sarcasm in his tone. "yes, y/n! are you stupid?!"

you furrowed your eyebrows with his smart ass reply, "how was i supposed to know?! i'm not some skateboarding whiz..."

"do you keep the same wheels on a car, even after they get worn out?"

"yeah?!"

kageyama facepalmed at your blatant idiocy whilst you stood there completely confused.

"whatever," he pursed his lips momentarily, "can you come to my house tomorrow? after volleyball practice, of course—i might have some backup wheels in my room, so i can help you fix it."

"okay." you said in response as you watched kageyama place your skateboard onto the ground. he placed his foot on top and rolled it, studying the momentum. was he some expert, or something?

"oh..and for the time being, ill let you use my board, y/n.

you flashed the ravenette a big smile as you graciously accepted his skateboard. it was in way better condition compared to yours, despite all the scratches—which were obviously normal for a board to have. you gave him a nod.

"thanks, tobio!"

***
after school, 5:45pm!!

you stood in your room, staring meticulously at your reflection in the mirror.

this was your first time ever going to kageyama's house, and you couldn't help but overthink the whole situation while preparing for it. you had no reason to be afraid; but the thoughts  you had lingering in the back of your mind caused you to be a nervous wreck.

what if i embarrass myself?

what if i break something?

what if tooru sees me?

what if...

a buzz from your phone lifted you out of your haze. you grabbed it.

 you grabbed it