cold

+*..*+

you checked your phone after it had been in the hands of your brother, and you noticed how both hinata and kageyama's contacts were deleted and blocked. previous conversations you've had with them had been erased for good, too. annoyed, you let out a sigh, placing your phone down beside you on the bed.

you came to the conclusion that you'd never be happy—after all, whenever you were, there would always be that one conflict that would get in the way. in this case, it was your unhappy, selfish brother, who wanted you to have no association with your only friends, kageyama and hinata. tooru never had a problem with friends, since he was always surrounded by people due to volleyball, so you assumed it was hard for him to empathize with your current situation. you thought it was pretty bizarre that he'd feel the need to manage your friends, though. it was unnecessary and especially controlling.

a tap on your window pulled you out of your haze. you assumed that it might've been a rock or something judging by the windy weather, but when you looked up, you saw a pale ravenette waving at you from outside. your eyes widened,

"tobio?!"

kageyama hushed you by placing his pointer finger on his lips, his other hand busy trying to open the window. it took him a moment to slide due to its rustiness, but within seconds he was in your room, placing his bookbag on the floor. you felt a cold breeze enter from behind him.

"i'm sorry for coming so suddenly, y/n, but-"

"close the window! it's cold!"

"...right. it's cold. my bad."

kageyama turned around and shut the window with frantic movements. you noticed his shaking arms as he did so.

"tobio? how'd you get here?"

"walked." kageyama replied nonchalantly, making you raise your eyebrow,

"in the cold? are you serious?"

"mm." the ravenette hummed softly, "it's fine, really. i wanted to see you-"

"tobio! come over here!" you cried, in which kageyama quickly obliged, sitting down next to you on your bed. you could clearly sense his awkwardness yet you didn't care—you grabbed him by his arm and pulled him close to your body. the boy yelped with your sudden actions.

"i hate you, tobio. you're cold, aren't you? you're shivering."

"not now." kageyama spoke softly, his voice muffled as he rested his face on the crook of your neck, "i'm okay, really."

the ravenette relaxed in your embrace as you rubbed his back to comfort him. he laid on top of your chest, arms wrapped around your neck and his cheek resting against your collarbone. you found it difficult to breathe but you sucked it up, because after all, the boy seemed as if he would've froze without your warmth–

"y/n?" kageyama broke the silence, lifting his head to look into your eyes. you stared back, finding it hard to look away from his attractive blue orbs, "yeah?"

"how is your leg? are you doing okay?"

"mm." you hummed with a nod, "i'm alright."

"what about your brother? he knows, doesn't he?"

you simply gave kageyama a nod, in which his expression dropped,

"i'm really sorry, y/n."

the ravenette rested his head back down against your collarbone, his lips merely inches away from your neck and his black hair tickling behind your ear, "you have me blocked on your phone, so i assumed something happened after you woke up at the hospital. right?"

your arms wrapped around his waist, practically cradling him at this point, "yeah. he took my phone and left me there."

"left you there? he didn't take you home?"

"no. he told mom to pick me up after work. but she got off late tonight, so he made me wait."

you felt kageyama clench his fists behind your neck, obviously furious with your words. you shook your head,

"it's fine, tobio. you don't have to worry about it."

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean for this all to happen when we became friends. i knew he'd probably find out eventually, but i wasn't prepared for the day it would actually happen." kageyama closed his eyes as he spoke, inhaling softly.

"don't say that. you don't regret it, right?"

"of course not!" the ravenette exclaimed, which brought a smile to your face,

"i knew you'd say that."

"shut up, y/n!"

***

"it was a dare? seriously?"

"yeah. shoyo dared me to get my tongue pierced, he even said he'd buy us pork buns for a month if i did." kageyama laughed, laying on his back whilst staring up at your ceiling, "he underestimated me and didn't think i'd do it. he ended up running out of money within a week!"

"what an idiot," you laughed along with him with a smile on your lips, "stupid and broke. sounds about shoyo."

"right!" the ravenette smiled as well, focusing his glance over at you. the two of you laid side by side on your bed, facing the tall roof that remained above you. you had lost track of time and it had felt like you had been talking to kageyama for hours, yet you had enjoyed the time you spent with him,

"it's getting late, y/n. i should probably go home and let you sleep."

"really?" you frowned as you watched kageyama sit up, "already?"

"you have school tomorrow, right?"

"yeah." you admitted, watching as he stood up from your bed and headed over to his bookbag, "but still. when's the next time i'll see you?"

"i don't know." kageyama pursed his lips with his words, slinging his bookbag onto his shoulder, "we have to find another way to communicate rather than by phone."

"obviously."

"yeah." kageyama walked up to you once more, "well, ill see you then, alright?"

"wait a second. come closer."

kageyama rose an eyebrow hesitantly, yet he followed your instructions, coming closer to your tired face. your facial features were merely inches away from his,

"stay warm, okay?"

you pressed a gentle kiss onto his lips, watching his face heat up under your touch.

+*..*+