lovebirds

+*..*+

though you didn't mind kageyama's question, (if anything you appreciated him asking beforehand) you couldn't help but awkwardly tense up,

"oh..was that too straightforward? i'm sorry, i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable-"

"no, it's-" you paused mid sentence to glance over at the other boys, seeing them occupied with skating and not paying attention to the two of you whatsoever, "you can."

kageyama relaxed his shoulders with your words of reassurance, "okay."

and within seconds of him speaking, the boy pressed his soft lips onto yours, pulling you into a hesitant yet sweet kiss that made your adrenaline rush and your whole body turn into jelly—your contrasting temperatures making your heart melt, as your warm hand raised to caress his jawline, while kageyama's cool hand held the back of your neck, pulling you close.

it was different compared to last time; it felt as if he had practiced for this very moment to happen again, and the thought of it brought a smile to your face during the few seconds your lips met together, before the boy pulled away, his face blushing profusely,

"thanks."

"thanks?" you reiterated with a questioning connotation in your tone, almost cracking a laugh along with it, "you're hilarious-"

kageyama rested his head back down on your shoulder which stopped your words.

"let that be our official first kiss, okay?"

***

"let's hangout tomorrow, tobio?" you asked the ravenette as he walked you over to tooru's car.

it was completely dark outside by the time the team decided to call it quits and go home. while all the boys were exhausted and drained after the long day of working out, you and kageyama were perfectly fine,

"you can invite shoyo too, if you want." you added onto your suggestion, in which kageyama nodded,

"not that shoyo is a nuisance or anything," kageyama spoke, looking down at you, "but maybe we could go somewhere, by ourselves?"

"is that your way of suggesting a date?" you laughed as you made eye contact with tooru, who sent you a wave from inside the car.

"maybe.." kageyama's face heated up against the cool weather that surrounded the two of you, "only if you're up for it."

"for sure." you smiled at the brunette, "but id prefer we'd do something with less walking."

kageyama laughed, "of course. just for you."

the two of you made it to the car, and kageyama opened the door for you, "thank you for coming, y/n."

you gave him a nod as he helped you inside, placing your crutches down by your feet, "thank you for everything, tobio."

"thank you for taking care of her, tobio." tooru added onto your train of 'thank yous', making you laugh and kageyama crack a smile,

"you're welcome, oikawas." kageyama gave you one last wave before closing your door, "have a good night, y/n."

***

despite it being saturday—the weekend—you would've considered today to be one of the most stressful days yet, as you sat down on your bed, in front of your drawers, digging for something to wear yet finding nothing.

you couldn't figure out why you were so nervous to hang out with kageyama today, as you had been doing it frequently for the past few months and it hadn't been a problem until now. you found yourself scrambling around—acting more jittery and anxious than usual.

tooru passed by your room with a sandwich in hand, wearing basketball shorts and a raggedy t-shirt, "tooru! is that you? come over here!"

the boy peeped his head in your room, "what're you doing?" he questioned, his mouth full as he spoke to you. you cringed before replying,

"disgusting. anyways, light grey or light purple?" you held up two identical sweaters yet in different colors. tooru squinted at you,

"aren't they the same thing?" he took another bite of his sandwich, "who cares? who're you going out with?"

"tobio." you sighed, dropping your shoulders.

"tobio?" tooru spoke with a laugh, "shit. knowing him, that kid probably couldn't even tell the difference between the two damn shirts. wear whatever you want, y/n."

"seriously?" your lips formed a line, visibly annoyed, "they're obviously different. i guess ill choose purple."

"okay. i think purple is pretty." tooru gave you a nod, sinking his teeth into his sandwich once more.

"yeah, me too. now get out so i can change." you shooed the boy away, in which he swiftly left your room, respectfully closing the door afterwards. you changed into your clothes before turning your head to look into your mirror,

alright.

***

you repeated the cycle of propping yourself up with your crutches as you left your room, carefully walking down the hall and down the stairs, which you dreaded due to the fact that it was always a hassle to do.

tooru was calling your name from the living room, his distinct voice yapping annoyingly, making your ears hurt while you dealt with the pain the stairs caused you. it was all worth it though—when you saw kageyama's presence standing at the entrance of your doorway, a smile overcame your features causing you to forget your earlier struggles,

"hi."

kageyama's face lit up at the sound of your voice, immediately lifting his head up to find your face to match it,

"hey, y/n."

your eyes trailed down his arm, seeing his hand tightly gripping a basket with contents inside. you hopped over to the ravenette before turning your head to look at your brother,

"i'll be back later."

tooru gave you a small smile, followed by a gentle wave, "i know you will. have fun, lovebirds!"

+*..*+