unkown number

+*..*+

the car ride home today was completely silent, as tooru was the one driving and you sat in the back scrolling on your phone. school had ended a couple hours ago, but since tooru had a volleyball practice, it forced you to stay there and wait even longer. after all, he was your only other source of transportation other than walking, which was clearly impossible with your leg in that condition.

"tooru, how long are you gonna keep sulking like a baby for?" you finally spoke up in attempt to get a reaction from him. he squeezed the wheel angrily with the sound of your voice,

"shut up."

"i mean, i've already cut off tobio, shoyo and apologized. what else do you want?"

"you'll never understand y/n. you have nothing to be passionate about." tooru looked up at you from the rear-view mirror, "and you lied to me. it's not that easy to gain my trust back."

"tooru. you know i feel really guilty about that. and i'm truly sorry, really." you paused for a second, "however, theres no justifying how you've been treating tobio. i might've made a mistake but he did nothing to you."

"are you still going off about that?" tooru asked rhetorically, "tobio and i will never be friends. we're rivals. and in the volleyball world, thats how it works. connections and friendships will only hurt you along the way."

"you don't have to be friends, though!" you clutched your phone absentmindedly, "at least be nice to him, that's all...he looked up to you and you pushed him away. like dirt. you and i both know he didn't deserve that."

the silence returned and it was gut wrenching. you knew he'd never understand it from kageyama's point of view—although you had the wrong approach by lying, it was still no excuse for him to treat the innocent boy so poorly. tooru parked the car in the driveway and you spoke again,

"i'm sorry again, tooru. but he deserves an apology too."

***

"nice receive, noya-senpai!" hinata yelled out with sweat dripping down his pale forehead, his squeaky voice echoing loudly throughout the spacious gym.

"you dumbass, shoyo! get in your fucking spot!" kageyama yelled out as he prepared to set the ball that nishinoya planted in the air for him. hinata rushed over like the ball of energy he was—and when kageyama tossed it into the air for him, he spiked it onto the floor as hard as he could.

"kageyama! what did i tell you about your language?" coach ukai lectured the ravenette from afar, his voice stern and especially intimidating as he did. the boy let out a sigh,

"sorry. won't happen again."

"anyways—good job today, guys! lets pack it up!" ukai yelled out to the other boys whilst clapping his hands together, making a loud sound to catch everyone's attention. the whole team quickly obliged, scrambling around the gym floor to clear everything up.

it didn't take long before the whole area was spotless—volleyballs were placed neatly into the baskets and the shiny floor was mopped clean. the team made their way into the locker room to gather their belongings.

"tsukishima? have you been eating alright? you're so skinny!" hinata asked, though it might've came off a little insensitive,