resent

+*..*+

"business?"

kageyama looked up at the taller male who stood before him, "do you think i have bad intentions with her?"

"i mean, obviously." tooru squinted down at him, "i know you're strategic and all, tobio. but hanging out with my sister to get info about me? thats just plain mean..."

"wait—what?" kageyama clenched his fists with the false assumption that was placed upon him, "are you serious, oikawa? do you think that lowly of me? i'm sorry but-"

"the sad thing is... she really cares for you." tooru continued, cutting the boy off mid sentence, "how much information did she spill about me, huh? maybe our team's practice dates? or perhaps our secret signals? has she been sending you footage of our practices to study from? i'm sure she'd do that for you knowing how nice she is, right?"

tooru paused before speaking again, "she's so sweet—she's always quick to defend you in any situation. just face it tobio, you're taking advantage of her selflessness and using it for your own benefit. disgusting." tooru shook his head, "and she wants me to apologize to you... bullshit."

"where the fuck did you get that from?" kageyama raised his voice slightly, "that's way too far. i didn't do that—i'd never do that, especially to someone like your sister! she's my friend, not a tool!"

"your friend?" tooru almost laughed hearing those words come out from kageyama's mouth, "if you don't use her for volleyball, then why are you even friends in the first place?"

"what kind of question is that?" the ravenette asked rhetorically, "i'd never use y/n; shes not some doll to use for my own benefit. i respect her as a person and i know her worth is much more than that. if you're truly wondering why we're friends, then it's because she takes the time to understand me. she makes me happy,
makes me laugh. and smile, even though i really hate how it looks. our relationship doesn't revolve around you or volleyball, so if you think otherwise, then just know you're completely mistaken. not everything's about you."

tooru's mouth dropped open yet no words came out, so kageyama continued, "oikawa, why do you resent me?"

***

you turned your head with the sound of your door being open abruptly. tooru had left the house almost an hour ago, yet he was already back, leaning up against your doorframe with a serious expression on his face. you furrowed your eyebrows,

"what's up with you?" you spoke, looking back down at the phone that illuminated brightly in your hand. you assumed it was something about volleyball, as he seemed to be more jittery than usual—

"i apologized."

"what?"

"i apologized to tobio." tooru repeated with a sincere tone, making you look back up in shock,

"really?"

"and," tooru raised his arm to scratch the back of his neck as he spoke, ", i'm sorry to you too, y/n. you were right. i understand now. i should've been nicer to him."

"wait, this is weird." you smiled in disbelief, "you really apologized?"

"yeah. long story." tooru walked into your room, sitting next to you on your bed, "but basically, we met up, and sorted everything out."

"really, just like that?" your phone fell onto your lap as you focused your glance over at your brother. he nodded.

"tobio's really mature, isn't he?"

"definitely."

there was a brief silence between the two of you as you both processed the entire situation. tooru and kageyama were finally on good terms, meaning you could be with your friends without anything holding you back. tooru wouldn't be upset, and you wouldn't have to worry about a lie eating away at your gut. it was exactly what you wanted to begin with.

"you can hang out with tobio again." tooru broke the silence with his words, getting a small laugh out of you,

"i know."

"under one condition, though."

"oh god." you huffed jokingly with his added sentence, "what is it?"

"you won't let him break your heart."

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"he loves you, y/n."

+*..*+

authors note:
I MEAN SHE EVEN COOKS ME PANCAKES. AND ALKA SELTZER WHEN MY TUMMY ACHES. 😫😫😫😫😫