4# Ladies

Aura's POV

“What are you doing here?” wrapping my files, I asked Rosio who entered with a box carrying by one of the staff. “What is this?”

“Twins... Delivered last week by the redhead.” With a sad voice, she said. She took out a frame and exhibited it to me. Rosio did this. She imprinted twins foot for her. Poor mother.

“I understand.” Hugging her, I tried to calm my sister-in-law. Her guilt will never fade away. She loves her sister. Nothing was intentional. It all just happened and when things were out of control, she was labelled as a 'homewrecker'.

“I miss them.” She mumbled.

It was hard to calm her. The younger sister inside her made things worst. She even misses her nephew, and we can't even acknowledge our boy, Dean.

“I want to meet her... Him.” She cried out.

“It would be better if he doesn't know about us... Otherwise, he would hate us.” I reminded her of Stacey's words.

Stacey was ready to give Winy another chance, but Rosio got pregnant, and we all witnessed Winy breaking down. Stacey knew she deserves better. She left. That was the best thing she did. Winy was ready to leave Rosio and Rosio was ready for abortion for Stacey, but Stacey is an honourable lady for this.

Stacey still loves Winy, but she loves her self-respect more than anything in the world. She's a brutally honest woman. One of the mature women, I knew after Mom. It was hard for her, but she claimed life is never easy. Another factor --- she's a bloody Psychiatrist.

“I will give this to the mama....” Taking the frames, I said.

She fought to form words. I knew she wanted to say more, but she chose not to. Nodding her head unsurely, she left mumbling something. No matter how many times she apologizes, it was her fault. She knew what she was doing. No one forced her. She has to accept the consequences. That's her part.

“Dr Morris..... Ms Bell is awake.” Amber, one of the nurse rushed in.

“I think I ask Sarai...for this.”

“Sara....applied to change her department.” Clarifying, she hurried into my shell. She must be looking for a file of Ms Bell.

“I already have her file... Amber.” With a relaxed voice, I tried to calm this nurse. “Please ask someone to bring this frame to her room. These belong to her.”

I almost stormed to the floor. My goal was to reach Ms Bell with a psychiatrist. She lost her children. Her mental condition would be devastated.

Rushing to the reception, I asked for the psychiatrist. There has to be a psychiatrist for her... For Ms Bell. She needs help, not just for children, but for her trauma as well. I am a doctor and while examining her, I found her severe injuries. She was in hell. 

“Dr Morris... Actually...” Playing with fingers, “I wanted to talk to you about one of your patients.” Sara managed to say.

“I thought you transferred to another department.” Raising my eyes, I challenged her. Last time, our conversation wasn't good. Well -- she can't expect to be cheerful about it. She was suggesting to me when I was qualified for the job. She's just a nurse. Likewise, she was supposed to be my support system.

“Yes... I applied months ago.” She rolled her dark blue eyes. A little different from my son. Blue eyes. Yes, she looks so much like Elizabeth Bell. Are they sisters?

“Congratulations then... For your new posting.” Faking a smile, I wanted to dismiss her.

“Psychiatrist is on holiday... But that's not I want to discuss it with you.” Heaving a sigh, “Your patient, Ms Bell..... She doesn't need a Psychiatrist right now. Of course, later... But right now, she needs someone whom she can trust. She needs a friend. Family.” Sara finished.