Prologue

“This is a bad idea. Nick.” Spy turned it down. "You're talking about going to your girl who cheats on you."

“Spy, that's not Shannon's fault. She's at the university”. Nick defended his girlfriend, who he loves very much, while being aware that she used their relationship as the centre of attraction. “We're all familiar with peer pressure.” He's finished.

Everyone would understand why Nick is after Shannon. He is an average guy with a small pot-belly, whereas she is the girl of every guy's dream. The essence of beauty.

“Then she ought to leave the company of such so-called friends.” Spy grunted, accepting the fact that he never likes the girlfriend of his best friend, who cheats continuously.

“You know how difficult it is to keep that image between friends.” Nick snapped. “That's the last attempt. After that, I'll never look at her.”

Raising his eyebrow, like defying his best friend, “Last time?” Spy checked.

Nodding his head to confirm his verdict, Nick pulled his dad's car key out of his pocket that he stole a few hours back. Spy grinned, and they both decided to pay a surprise visit to Shannon for the last time before they left for college. They know what they'd find.

The two best friends were accepted at the same university, miraculously. It was like their dream came true when they both applied hopelessly in the same university. Nobody thought they were so fortunate.

Even though they're the closest friends, they both have different aspirations. Spy wanted to be a lawyer, and Nick always wanted to be a businessman. Investor.

“What if she's with somebody else?” Spy asked about his plan. He knew his best friend was a nerd, but when he's angry, he retaliates. Ensure that the 'FAVOR' is returned.

“I want to witness her cheating on me.” Nick concentrates on driving, “I need a reason to move on.” He explained. He wanted to leave Shannon behind to begin his new life at the university, where he hoped to find the right woman to settle.

“Isn't it enough that she cheats on you?”

“I have never witnessed such a thing. I've always heard of them.”

“I want to admit something.” Spy regretted it, but he wanted to tell his best friend the truth, before the start of their university life. His culpability was killing him inside. “We had sex. Shannon and I.....”

“I know..... The way you always felt awkward about her. However, she was incredibly comfortable with you…" Nick was calm, very conscious of the truth about Spy and Shannon. A very charming Spring Edmund Morris. “You could have said that to me.” With disappointment, said Nick.

“At that time, I wasn't aware that she was your girlfriend. We ran into each other at a family reunion. She said that she was single. We did it together. Next week, when I found her with you and that was the first time I realized that she was your girlfriend… she lied.” 

“I was saving myself for her. But if I find her with someone else, then I will fuck her hard, then I will move forward." Nick was furious that Shannon was making love to somebody else. 

“You are serious about it.” Spy laughed. “You really want your virginity to go down with her.”

“Of course, in any case. She shall be my first. I promised her that I would lose my virginity to the love of my life.”

“You will FORCE her?” 

Changing the gear of the car, "Something's wrong," Nick was preoccupied. 

“Everything is wrong. You are talking about forcing yourself on a girl.” Spy barked at his friend. 

"I'm referring to brakes. I'm fucking trying, but nothing..." It's the first time in life Nick's ever cursed.

"Man, nothing is happening. If there was an accident, a few scratches here and there." Spy guaranteed it.  My mother has experienced worse. Doctor's kid......”

"This is the highway." Nick panicked. "What's going on with the brakes?"

"Come on, we both know it's worth the risk." Teasing, "Shannon waits." Spy sang.

"If the car doesn't stop, how will we get there?"

“Good question. But I think........”  

Before Spy could finish his statement, they got run over by a truck. Suddenly, nobody was able to understand. 

The car was knocked over. The impact forced their car a few metres down the road, causing it to roll 360 degrees on the road that landed in the middle of the highway.

"Spy?" Nick reached out to his best friend. They were both pinned down because of a seatbelt and Spy didn't respond for a while.

“Dude. Stop kidding.”

“I am stuck. Motherfucker.” Spy coughed. “It sucks.”

"We have to get out of...."

“Get out. Now. Call help." Spy was able to help Nick get out of the car.

The first thing Nick did was get his cell phone, but it was smashed into pieces. That didn't help anything. A sudden pain on his shoulder caused him to understand that his shoulder was injured.

The explosion knocked him out. Despite a mild explosion, Nick could hear nothing. 

Shit! Spy.

He ran to find Spy, his best friend, his brother, but he could see the body of Spy without any response. He called Spy, but nothing came back.

Spy is gone.

No…

Nick wanted to do everything he could. There was no way he could lose Spy after losing his younger brother, Christian. He attempted to approach the car to help his friend, but it was already late. 

The paramedics were already here, and they tried to stop Nick in a rage. Their purpose was to save at least one life.

Nick blamed himself for what happened. Spy warned him of the visit to Shannon, but Nick acted like a boy in love, who wanted to see his unfaithful girlfriend. So, she can realise that Nick is the love of her life and will always love her.

Stupid idea.

Almost every member of their circle of friends knew that Shannon was using Nick as a distraction, but Love is blind. A year senior, Shannon is with Nick because of the popular Spring, who is famous among girls for his sports, his brands and his perfection.

The Morris twin died because of Nicolas Sullivan. 

"Young man?" he was called by the doctor. "What's your name?" He was interrogated over and over again, but all he could think about was the Spy and Morris, siblings.

How am I supposed to explain the whole thing to his family? Nick thought.

"Aura......." Nick wanted to say more, but the air was stuck in his throat, preventing him from talking. 

He was coughing and wanted to see his best friend alive because Spy's younger sister Aura was about to kill him. 

“We are losing him.” This was the word Nick heard, but Nick was smiling.

Edited: 19th January 2022