36# hitting the targets

Aura's POV

“Is it necessary?” I asked myself again before pressing the doorbell. Maybe my intuitions are right, I shouldn't be here. Alone. Now, it can not be undone. I have already pressed the doorbell.

The fresh straight face opened the door. Her looks narrate the story of her amazing bath. I wouldn't be upset if she condemns me for ruining her peacetime. What can I expect from her? That's what she does... Blaming other. She loves to blame others whereas she reckons her sins are nothing but childish acts. But in reality, her sins are ruining the other's life.

“What are you doing here?” She scowled.

I was about to answer, but she interrupted, raising her hands.

“Don't tell me, you are having an affair with Callum?” She asked with no emotion, but I knew, she is eager. I could feel the surface of her emotion. She wants a positive answer from me. She wants to hear that I am having an affair with her husband, who is the father-in-law of my sister.

“I don't support infidelity.” I rolled my eyes. She eyes the world the way she is. She cheats, again and again; so maybe according to her cheating while you are committed to someone is fine. But I am not like her.

“Says the woman who ruined a person thrice.” Scoffing, she moved aside to give me space to walk inside.

“Which person... Will you please elaborate?” I faked my smile.

Glaring at me, “Nick.” She responded. “First, you were going to press fake charges against him, and then his marriage, and later his potential future with Jessica.”

“First... Yes. I wanted to press fake charges against him but instead, he ruined my life... Second... Your marriage failed with him because of you, not me... I wasn't there when this happened, and third... He called off the wedding. Again, I wasn't there when this all happened.” With a polite and calm voice, I manage to deliver my words successfully.

“You seduced him...” This time, Shannon raised her voice. “How could you let him touch you? He was engaged.”

“The same way you slept with whoever when you were married.” I provoked her, she dares to accuse me of something I didn't do, when she is equal to me. We both ruined a happy home.

“Everything was fine until your bastard called.” She snarled. “Nick used to look for you... I saw his computer. Full of notes related to you. I just wanted to teach him a lesson... That's why I slept with Callum but instead of forgiving me he divorced me.”

I saw his computer. Full of notes related to you. These words echoed in my mind. Was Nick so desperate?

My family kept us apart.

“Your presence reminds me... How I am imperfect... How I failed to give Nick a child... You are giving him the second child. This was supposed to be my place.”

“It was your call.”

“Get out....before I lose my sanity.” She warned me but I was determined. I wanted to confront her why she hated me so much to ruined my life? Yes, I never liked her. Who would like her in THAT condition? She was clingy... Flirty with everyone. When she proposed Spy privately, I was a child was able to analyse her intention, so how Spy wouldn't. He was mature enough to know the reason Shannon proposing him.

I have known Shannon since the age of 12... When she joined the high school. She was one year ahead of both my brothers. Winter and Ryan were more like twins while Nick and Spy were almost brothers. Shannon was the beauty. I have heard legends of her from a few of her cousins who were of my age during her family function. She wanted that attention and power over people here, in the new place. She wanted to be the centre of attraction. Not only that, but she went after Winy who had a phobia of all females except his sisters at that time then Spy was her target. She managed to get him in her pants and at the same time, I remember Nick was going crazy for her. He gave her the attention which she craved for. Ultimately, she left my brothers in peace.

Then, Spy died. Despite the case of homicide, the case was closed due to a lack of evidence.

It was just our immature teenage days. There was nothing too serious to would cause her to hate me so much. Then why she planned all these? At the top, how did she know about my stupid plan?

“Why did you do that?” I mumbled. But she frowned. “How do you know about my plan of fake charges against Nick? Why do you hate me so much?”

“I guess... Nick finally confessed.” She didn't try to hide this. I feel disgusted now. How can she live with no remorse? I finished my job of the day, I am sad that I almost lost the baby girl today, but here, she has no regret of ruining my life... About Chris's worse life.

The vibration of my phone caught my attention. When I see the name, blood rushed through the vein. It's Nick.

“Pick up... Nick must be worried about his babies mama.” She mocked me.

I was about to disconnect the call when it fell on the floor, and it went silent.

“I had many lovers. One of them used to follow you. I hate you so, so much.” Shannon confessed. “Because of you... Spring blackmailed me to release our sex tapes... If I didn't stay away from him and Winter... I wanted to be their friends... But Nick was different. He loved me.....” With confidence, “He still loves me.” She said. “But again, he used to talk about you a lot. It was like you are the centre of everyone's universe.”

I laughed. “You wanted attention?” Like a fool, I laughed. She was expressing herself and I continued to laugh. “You ruined my life...”

“You deserved it.”

“As you claimed one of many lovers of yours used to follow me... So I conclude you are the one who send me notes, texts, even you send a text to Jordyn.” I was fuming and managed to get my phone from the floor.

The call wasn't disconnected. Nick was listening to everything. Bringing the phone near to my ear, I mumbled “hello” and surprisingly I heard, his raging breathes.

“You still believe Nick loves you?” I raised my eyebrows and challenged her.

“It's a matter of time when he will realize, and he will be back to me.” She smirked.

“Then it's a test of your love.” I showed her my ongoing call.

As soon as she sees the screen of my phone, the colour of her face left and soon, she turned into a walking red-faced person.

“It was your blunder.” She yelled while I decided to leave her. My next target is my brother.

Author's Note: 

* What do you think about Shannon?

* Any precious word about Morris brother. 

* Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!!