19# Truth is almost out

Aura's POV

“Where are you taking these?” I asked Sophia, who was busy wrapping unwashed bedsheets and gown. “They are used one. Wash them or else. It could be infectious.”

“They are blanket.” Smiling politely, “We are taking these for impulsive Sylvia. That little doll is smart for her age. She wants the woman who breastfed her that night.” Sophia explained.

I laughed realizing Sylvia wants Elizabeth Bell. But it's been a while that she left, which means no one was allocated that room. “I already confirmed that the baby wants her mama... For Sylvia, Ms Bell is her mama.”

“Thanks for reminding us, Dr Morris.” We heard a male voice that interrupted us. “Sophia, make sure Sylvia have them.”

I knew the voice. It belonged to the man who owns the hospital. I did a little research. According to the rumours, Mark Rogers has deep ties in the Mafia and has the World's best investigation team. He knows almost everything. Maybe this is the reason he knew my name, despite our first meeting.

“Dr Morris... How can I help you?” I heard his amused voice.

Turning around, I came face to face with the man with new scars on his jaw. Does this man fight on the border? He is wearing a suit, not an expensive one, yet he looks good with his stubble beard and scars.

“I wanted to talk to you on behalf of Dr Jordyn West.” Without wasting time, I announced the purpose of my presence. I am a doctor, I can't afford to spend time in unwanted chatting.

“Is Dr West fine?” With genuine concern, Mr Rogers asked. I assumed he knew. I mean, on his property one of his employees attacked someone this afternoon, and he is not aware. Impossible.

“Are you accepting that people can do anything on your property?” I mocked him. Two can play games.

“No one can escape from my sight, Dr Morris.” Warning me, Mr Rogers opened the door of his office for me. “I know what happened.” He said following me inside his cabin. “And I don't want your personal affair to be in my hospital. This is unprofessional.”

“Apologies.” Embarrassed by the incident, I couldn't say more than this. “Please, Jordyn was provoked.” I tried to defend Jordyn.

“I know...my team is faster than you know.” Locking the door, Mr Rogers shrugged off.

His statement remained to me about the Mark Rogers that rumours discussed. The world knows him as the owner of the World's best security firm, but the rumours assert his close ties with Mafia. We don't know which one is true. What held my interest was the fact that Mark Rogers own a hospital and a school. Why?

“Mr Rogers, I am trying not to cross my limit, but I can't help my curiosity.....” Mumbling, I waited for the fine species of man in front of me to react but Instead, I see him smirking while taking his seat. And there, he looked like a king.

“I have a hospital, school and shopping complex for my employees.” Mr Rogers answered. But how does he know what I was thinking?'

“How do you know about my thoughts?”

“Everyone has the same question. Everyone is the same yet different.”

“Then why give your employees so many benefits instead o if money,” I asked.

“Too many questions.” Chuckling, Mr Rogers have me an intense look. “It gives me another option for income. And I want the lifetime loyalty of my employees, not just their dedication to their job. Your......” Pausing, “Lov... I mean Mr Sullivan is eager to invest in my business but due to certain criteria, he can't. His plan is awesome. Collaborating with Carters.” He said.

“Then rumours were true. You do not know everything about everyone.” I said with a stern voice. I knew he was going to call Nick, my lover. He knows about Carters, again it means he knows Nick is engaged. Everything about Mark Roger is true.

“I don't have time for everyone but I do have time for people around me.” Passing me a file, “and I am not the only one who knows. There are others too.” He said... No, he warned me.

I wanted to ask him about what he meant, but the humiliation was killing my confidence. I desperately wanted to behave normally, but I couldn't. He knows about Nick and me. I was insulted. He thinks of me as the other woman. The homewrecker. And I invited this.

“Dr West was provoked... I could investigate deep but Dr West has to ask me. I will not be involved without an invitation.” Mr Rogers dismissed.

Hurrying, I rushed to my car.

Mr Rogers knows.

Chris knows.

Maybe Jordyn knows.

Screaming out, I hide my face in between my palms. What the hell I was doing? Like a fool, I let Nick touched me. I was aware of his plans with Jessica, yet I helped him to cheat. I noticed his dedication to her, yet I begged him to break his engagement.

Nick rejected me, every time. No sorry, no guilt. Despite everything, when Nick touches me I melt.

I don't care what Mr Rogers and Jordyn thinks about me. Chris is my priority. My son wants me to stay away from the love of my life. He never shared his conversation with him 8 years back, but I could understand it was too much for 10 years boy. It broke my son. He didn't talk for a week and took months to go back to the way he was.

Chris was never the same before he was. When he started talking back, he was someone else. More rebellious. Stubborn. Determined. Hard-working. Now, I assume he wanted to prove to Nick that he is a capable son.

Wiping my tears, I decided to talk to Jordyn. Another best thing about him, that he never judges. If he knows, then I am sure he is ready to listen to my story and if he learns it from me then it is good. I can't lie to my friend. My first friend. With whom I desperately want to love more than a friend but failed. I am a failure.

“Aura?” With a concerned voice, “you are fine? Trust me, I would kill Nick.” He grunted. Without any greeting, Jordyn rambled everything.

“I am fine... Your phone was...” Sighing, I choose to make things clear. “I saw a message... About me. Who messaged you?”

“Unknown specimen... We need to complain about it. Someone is stalking you. I received photos of you, in compromising positions with Nick.” I could feel disappointment dripping from his words.

“You know.”

“Yes... And my advice to you is -- never make the same mistake twice. “

“I love him.” I cried.

“Even I love you.” He snapped. “But I don't manipulate you. I would never take your advantage. What you have with him is toxic.”

“You don't know him...” I defeated Nick. My Nick.

“And he doesn't know you.” Jordyn retorted.

I was ready to fight for my Nick when one person outside the Rogers security firm caught my attention.

What she is doing here, wearing that? I mumbled, ignoring Jordyn.

Wearing one of the fine dress that hugged her body curves deliciously, made her beauty. I could tell she was waiting for someone. What she is doing here? A few hours back, there was a fight at my workplace. She should be at home, resting.  I assumed she is here for THE date.

Another scene that made my heart skipped a beat was the presence of an unknown man. His arms snaked around her waist and she smiled. I couldn't see his face, but I know this person is familiar.

What Jessica Carter is doing here? Without Nick, with someone else, because I am sure this man is not Nick.

Author's Note:

* Someone clicked her Aura's picture. It is an invasion of privacy. Who could be? Any theory?