1# 18 years later

Dedicated to jel1990

Aura's POV

“....... may his soul.......” I did not hear any of these words. I wanted to focus on words, but everything's fuzzy for some reason. Even if the people spoke loudly, there was a kind of silence around us. As if this silence was needed. An awkward silence, weird noise.

I heard sobs, too. Rosio…. She wept all day. She loved my parents. They were like mom and dad to her. She liked them as her parents, despite her dramatic entrance into our family.

“Thank you for coming.................” My brother took the lead, but I couldn't understand my environment.

“Come on.” I heard that, but the voice was too distinctive to be recognized. But I understand that this is for me. “Mom?” Chris snapped.

“I am not deaf.” I fired back, getting to my senses. “Idiot.”

He showed me the same grin he inherited from his dad. The man I loved the most. Nicolas Sullivan. I never moved on, after he rejected me. He is a happily married man now. Maybe with a couple of children, like him. There are Chris' brothers and sisters marching on this planet.

I never made contact with him after he said our son was a bastard.

“Wait outside. I'll be joining you." murmured Chris, focusing on the crowd.

I was in no mood to speak, so I nodded and moved to the car. I tried to kill time, but I ended up at my destination. I didn't have the car key, so I watched them all leave.

All dressed in black and despite the crowd, the movements, everything was quiet as if nobody would break this silence. As if to keep that moment of silence, at the top the rain added the intensity of sadness in the cemetery. They whispered, talked, avoided me, looked down… I know, I untouchable for them.

I never thought about attending my parents' funeral. They were my supporters. They were on my side when I made the wrong decision. Not that I regret it, it's actually the best decision, but I wanted things to be different, better for Chris.

“I forgot the keys. I have them.” Chris opened the car. “Take it easy this week.”

“But my patients….” I tried to argue, but his blue ocean eyes closed me. I kept my mouth shut and nodded my head. He can handle me.

“Autumn? You?" I heard the voice that insulted me 18 years ago. Mrs Edina Sullivan. She called me every worst thing she could think of that night. My heart was broken, but I have no bad blood for her or her family. I think I've made some progress on these words.

Matthias Sullivan and she approached me, without moving their eyes from me. They still seemed the same, but they both aged, gracefully. I wonder how their son appears now.

“I am so sorry about........” Mrs Sullivan was remorseful but suddenly, she paused and widened her eyes when she saw Chris, when He turned around as soon as his mind registered the words from her.

Both husband-wife looked shunned by Chris's appearance. He's very similar to his father. But, he is a prettier version. Anybody can say that Chris is their grandson.

Chris turned around and watched his grandmother. His face held no emotion for his grandparents. He gave them the same look that he usually gives to strangers.

Of course, he considers them to be strangers. He spent the better part of his life without them.

“I'm in the car.” He said, ignoring the two people there. But, he looked at them for a moment like he was waiting for their reaction before he was finally in the car.

I nodded a reply.

"I thought you had the abortion." Mr Sullivan said. "He's so similar to our son."

“He's pretty.” Mrs Sullivan sobbed.

I kept quiet and waited for the couple to release their emotions.

"So you're back?" I nodded my head when Mr. Sullivan asked.

"Nick is happy after all. Don't ruin it again." Mrs. Sullivan pleaded. “You almost destroyed his life.”

"I never wanted......" I desperately wanted to be clear, but then I realized they would never trust me.

"Do not tell lies to our grandson." Mrs Sullivan warned me. She always thinks of me as the wrong person. She never found me innocent for a change.

"What's his name?" Mr Sullivan asked.

“Christian Wallace Sullivan.”

They both nodded to my answer, seemed satisfied with me continuing their family tradition. Wallace has been their middle name, Sullivan uses the same name for their sons for generations. The couple even tried to look at my son, but he blockaded his field of vision with the glass shield. I know he's trying to keep his grandparents in the dark.

The Sullivan couple seemed upset when they left. They never said a word about my mom and dad. Suddenly, Edina Sullivan had no sympathy for me.

My family had good relations with Sullivan till Spy died. It turned everything around. I was the most immature of my siblings, and I was angry with Nick, believing that he killed my brother, my best friend.

Then I found out he was fighting with himself. Survival guilt. He had to go through many counselling sessions to return to normal. And his unfaithful girlfriend, Shannon, was never helpful. She was willing to go after the only brother I had, Winy.

"You should have at least greeted them," I said with an authoritative tone.

"I don't know these people," Chris said, focusing on driving.

“They are your grandparents.”

“I've never seen them before in my life. It doesn't matter that biologically they're my grandparents.” He shrugged off. “If they wanted me, They should have been around.”

Tessa's death made a difference. With her, Chris was a cheerful guy, as was Spy. He always wanted to be the next Spring Edmund Morris of the family, but when Tessa died while giving birth to my grandson. That day he changed.

Chris got more responsible and serious in life. He even learned to keep going without Tessa. Thanks to Tessa's family. They assisted him in his recovery and supported him as their son. That family had a bigger heart.

“When are you leaving?” I asked him, trying to get off the subject. No doubt, Chris has a point. They are strangers because they have never been around him, and they cannot claim their place in his life overnight.

“Once you have settled here. I will not leave until then.” Chris understood the situation and turned his attention to the other topic of conversation.

“You shouldn't miss class.” That's my motherhood speaking.

“I have a month, don't worry.” He laughed.

“You need a place to stay.” I reminded him.

“You too.” He practically sang. And I hate that voice of his. He's an awful singer.

He kept singing until we arrived at the house. Our home. I grew up in this house. I have a myriad of memories. It's nostalgic.

“How do you know your grandparents? I never showed you a picture of them.” I asked when I moved inside.

Smiling, “I'm keeping an eye on Sullivan.” Chris admitted.

Author's note:
* I want to thank For those who have been reading my stories from my first book and am sorry that I couldn't acknowledge you all. Thanks again, for keep reading and being my motivation for an inexpert like me.

* The characters of one of the stories will meet the characters of another story.
So try to remember all the characters.

* For the reader who already read three books of Mafioso Affairs...
Do you remember Dr Autumn Morris???? This is her story.

* Christian met Beth and Kate... Can you tell me what was the occasion?
(If you have already read Beth)