THREE

Abby got ready slowly that day.

Mark's promotion was something to celebrate, so afterwards they would be going out to eat. She put on a dark blue dress that ended just above the knee. The sleeves were long, but her shoulders and collarbone were exposed. She wore thin, gold heels.

She walked out into the living room as she put in some diamond earrings Mark had gotten her for Christmas. Mark was putting his suit jacket on and adjusting his tie.

"You look wonderful," Abby told him as she walked over to him.

He glanced at her and blew through his lips in shock. "Oh wow."

She turned a bit red and smiled. "Oh stop that."

He pulled her close and ran his hands over her curves. "I don't deserve you."

She put her hands on his hips and laughed softly. "You deserve better," Abby told him.

He shook his head, but she gave him a wet, passionate kiss on the lips.

"We could just agree that we're good for each other," Abby said, smirking at him.

He licked his lips, then chuckled. "You're a tease."

Abby was slightly hurt by the comment, despite the humorous nature of it. What he didn't know was she had plans for tonight, and she didn't plan on being a tease.

"Are you ready?" She asked, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing herself against him.

He blinked, then pressed back, lightly kissing her neck. "I am."

Abby giggled, then moved away from him. "You have to focus on the promotion. Have you figured out what you're going to say?"

"I have," he agreed. "We have to leave soon. Are you completely ready?"

"Yes, just let me put some perfume on..." Abby quickly walked to the bathroom and picked out her favorite perfume, then made her way back to Mark. "Okay, let's go."

Mark grabbed his keys, then led her out the door and to his car.

__________________

Five detectives were killed during the hunt for Jigsaw, all of which Mark knew well. Abby looked at all of their pictures, which were displayed in a memorial, before taking a seat and waiting for the promotion ceremony to start. How sad... goodness...

Mark was sitting down to the side, talking to Fisk. Abby knew how important this event was, but she couldn't stop thinking about tonight. She secretly watched Mark, knowing what was beneath the suit and knowing what she was going to do later on.

Abby's breath caught in her throat and she looked away. No. It was wrong to be thinking of such things at such a heavy ceremony.

But she couldn't help it.

Despite the experience being bad, Abby still had experience and had learned many things about sex. But this was different. Making love was definitely different.

She had never done it before.

Abby wasn't sure if she was allowed to be sitting right up front, so she got up and made her way to Mark as to not be awkward.

"Hey," she said, putting a hand on his shoulder and smiling at him. He looked up at her and met her eyes.

"Hey, is everything alright?"

"Yes, it is, I just don't know if I'm supposed to be here..."

"I think you'll be okay. I don't mind and I'm sure they won't."