EIGHT

Abby had began going to school full time since she quit at the clinic. She was very close to being qualified as a therapist. Because college was almost an everyday thing, she had been working her ass off to get qualified as soon as possible. 

She was watching the news while working on homework. Mark was working late, so she had the apartment to herself. 

The news was talking about Amanda Young. 

"John Kramer's accomplice, Amanda Young, had previously been in one of Jigsaw's traps before beginning to work for him. She claimed that Jigsaw saved her life with his game..." 

Abby sighed. John and Amanda were dead. Was there anything else going on in the city that they could talk about? There had to be. 

Her phone rang, pulling her away from her work and thoughts. Abby picked up her phone and read the name, hoping to see Mark displayed on the small screen. 

Jill Tuck. 

Something in Abby snapped and she clicked answer. 

"Jill! Please stop calling me!" She exclaimed desperately. 

"Abby, I'm so sorry, I just need to talk to you!" Jill said urgently. "Please don't hang up!" 

"I don't want to talk. I'm sorry but-"

"Look, I'm not John." 

Abby stood and began pacing. "Look, it's more so that Mark and I are together, and your husband-"

"Ex." 

"Your ex-husband tried to kill him. And you say you're not him but you were still talking to him during all this. How am I supposed to trust you if you might be in on it?" 

"Don't you think if I was in on it, Mark would have found that out? Abby do I really seem like the type to do this to people?" 

"If there's one thing I've learned in my life is you can't trust anyone," Abby said, starting to randomly pick things up and examine things that were sitting on the tables. 

"But you trust Mark," Jill said, emphasizing his name with venom in her voice. 

"That's different," Abby immediately said. "He's been there for me since I was young-"

"Abigail Donovan, you are a wonderful person, but you're blind." 

"What do you mean?" Abby asked. She was growing more and more irritated. 

"Have you ever noticed that Mark comes home later and later? Or that he waits for you to fall asleep before leaving? What do you think he's doing?" 

Abby began to shake. "Are you saying he's in on the murders? Is that what you're fucking telling me right now?" 

"Well, I'm just saying you are so forgiving of him, when maybe you should be watching your back. I'm trying to protect you."

Abby had to collect her thoughts before she said something she didn't want to say. "Look, you don't know him like I know him. And if you ever insinuate that he is a murderer again, I will block your number-"

"Abigail! Talk to Special Agent Peter Strahm! Maybe he can help you make up your mind." 

Abby stopped. "The man in the hospital? I already talked to him." 

"What did he say?" 

Abby realized Strahm had basically told her the same thing, but she shook her head. "No, you guys are wrong. He's not involved. No way." 

"Tell me why he isn't." 

"Because I know him." 

"How do you know that?"