SIXTEEN

Once Mark got home from work, Abby greeted him at the door and gave him a long kiss. He didn't expect it, but appreciated it greatly.

"Hello," he said, giving her a small smile.

"Hi. Do you think we could talk about something?"

He nodded as he loosened his tie. "Of course."

Mark followed her into the living room, watching her as they both sat down on the couch. He was slightly on edge. Whenever someone asked to talk he began to wonder if they knew about him, especially Abby. However, she didn't seem upset, so he was more at ease than he would normally be if her mood was down.

"Okay, so I went to the hospital today and my doctor got me thinking," Abby said. "She came up with an idea that I think would be really awesome."

"What is it?" Mark asked, turning toward her and resting his arm on the back of the couch.

"So maybe you and I could go away sometime? Like, on a vacation. I'd love to somewhere with you like California or maybe out of country in Europe."

Mark liked the idea right away. "I would love that."

"Yeah?!" Abby said excitedly. She absentmindedly put her hands on his leg as she began to come up with ideas. "So maybe we could go to Paris or something? I have always wanted to try the food there. And of course the Eiffel tower. Or maybe Italy! Or Greece! If not out of country we could go see the west coast! Maybe a road trip!"

Mark watched her with a hint of amusement in his expression. "We have a long time to do all of those things, so why don't you pick one and that'll be first."

Abby thought about it. "I think a good place to start is Paris."

"Alright. We'll go to Paris."

Abby looked at him and chuckled. "Um, can we afford it though? It's really no pressure-"

Mark smiled. "I'll see what I can do. We can go after Strahm is found though and all this Jigsaw stuff is over, okay? I promise it's almost over."

Abby nodded. "Okay."

Mark pulled her closer and smiled.

"I also ran into Dr. Gordon today, with his wife," Abby said. Mark didn't show any emotion on his face that would give away how irritated he was with the doctor. "You never told me they were in a Jigsaw trap."

Mark shrugged. "I didn't know if he wanted you to know."

Abby nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that does make sense. I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Mark leaned forward and pecked her on the lips. As he pulled away, she tried to follow him slightly, her lips lingering. He knew what this meant and kissed her again, this time longer and more deeply.

"You're too good for me," Mark said truthfully, but she took it as a joke.

"Oh stop it."

"But you are."

Abby shook her head.

He gave her a soft smile, then stood and made his way to the kitchen. He shrugged his suit jacket off, setting it on the counter before grabbing a mug from the cupboard. Abby watched, studied the way his eyebrows drew slightly downward while he concentrated on pouring coffee.

"I have to go up to the hospital tonight to interview someone," Mark told her as he made his way back to the couch. "I just wanted to come back and say hello for a minute before heading out."

Abby pulled her knees up onto the couch, folding her legs so her feet were at her side. "Oh? Someone else was tested?"

"Seems like it. Strahm has gone MIA as well."