FOUR

Neither Abby or Mark slept very much, but both were wide awake.

Abby ran her hand through Mark's hair as she smiled down at him. He watched her, his fingers lightly moving up and down her spine.

"We gotta get up," Abby said.

"No..." Mark groaned as he hugged her tighter. "I wanna stay here."

Abby kissed him once before saying: "I do too, but you have things to do."

"John Kramer's autopsy can wait," Mark said, stealing a kiss as well.

"Mark... come on..."

Abby got off of him and began grabbing clothes. Mark watched her, blowing through his lips. "Do I really have to go back to work?"

"Yes, you do." She threw on his dress shirt and her underwear and turned back to look at him. "I don't want you to go, but...  ugh. I just don't want you to go."

He sat up and sighed. "Me neither."

Abby watched him for a moment before smiling. "Well, I have some plans for today. When you get back we can spend more time together."

Mark grabbed her hand and pulled her over to him. She chuckled and gave him a slow kiss, enjoying the tenderness of the moment. "Mark, get dressed."

"Alright," he muttered in disappointment.

He got up and followed Abby to the closet. As she sifted through their clothes for something to wear, Mark ran his hands over her hips. She was amused. He couldn't keep his hands off of her.

"What are you gonna go do today?" Mark asked, giving her a soft kiss on her collarbone.

"I was just gonna go visit someone up at the hospital."

"Hmm. Really?"

"Yep!" She grabbed a pair of jeans and a button up blouse. Abby turned around and smiled. "I figured I'd bring some cookies or something."

Mark nodded. "You're so kind."

Abby moved past him and began to get dressed as he picked out his clothes. "I'm just in such a great mood! Wow... this is really over!"

Mark said nothing for a moment as he grabbed a dress shirt. "Right."

With a soft sigh, Abby grabbed her hairbrush and began running it through her hair as she waited for Mark to get dressed. He buttoned her shirt and glanced up at her. "You're going to see John Kramer dead... are you going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine," Mark told her. "I promise."

Abby walked over to him and straightened his tie, looking at him sadly. "I just want to make sure you aren't going to have like... ptsd or something."

Mark chuckled and gently ran his thumb across her cheekbone. "You worry too much about me."

"Do you blame me?!" She exclaimed. "You were just in a jigsaw trap!"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." He kissed her forehead. "Don't worry too much though. It's over."

He knew that wasn't the truth, but he wanted to keep her happy and stress free for as long as possible.

"Right... you're right. I'm also just kind of worried about this weekend..."

Mark had completely forgotten they were going to go see her dad. That was going to be a tad nerve wracking for both of them.

"I'll be with you."

"I know."

"You're a strong woman."