Lin Siniang- 林四娘

Born in 1629, towards the end of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). She came from a poor military family, but this didn't stop her father from educating his daughter, particularly in combative skills. By the age of 6, Lin was able to wield a sword with deadly precision; she also excelled in martial arts and other combat skills. Unfortunately, Lin would go on to lose her whole family, which forced her into prostitution. She is believed to have worked long hours, along the Qinghai River, while continuing to hone her combative skills, in the evenings. 

It was at this time, that Lin met Zhu Changshu, king of Qingzhou (a feudal state). Changsu fell in love with Lin at first sight and took her away to become his wife. King Changshu was not only smitten by her beauty but by her impressive military skills, so much so in fact he had Lin train all of his concubines in the art of combat. What began as basic self-defense training, soon became the establishment of a full-blown all-female army.

Just a few years later, droughts and famine in northern China brought rebels from Shanxi and Shaanxi provinces, to the capital. King Changsu made the grave mistake of underestimating the rebels  and was captured. Lin sought to rescue him, she assembled her all-women army and led them into battle. Lin and her forces were initially successful in cutting down many enemy soldiers but they were vastly outnumbered. Lin Siniang was told to surrender but refused; instead she continued fighting until she was so exhausted she could no longer defend herself and was killed. The date of this battle is unknown, but it's commonly accepted that Lin Siniang died in 1644, aged only about 17. Although Lin and her army had all perished, their valour and bravery served as inspiration for the reinforcements that arrived later, who defeated the rebels and rescued King Changsu. The king ordered for Lin and her forces all to be given honorable state burials.

There are several accounts of her life and because of the tension that was brewing at the end of the Ming Dynasty, very little was recorded about Lin during her lifetime. In fact, most of what we know about the famous female general is based off of oral traditions finally written down during the Qing Dynasty (1636-44) by Cao Xueqin, a well-known author of the time. Xueqin also included this account in the classic novel, Dream of the Red Chamber. Cao Xueqin's account of Lin Siniang's life is therefore the most accepted. Mentions of her also appear in many Qing-era ghost stories and some versions of her life, claim she killed Yongzheng emperor, to avenge the death of her grandfather.

https://www.theworldofchinese.com/2016/02/badass-ladies-of-chinese-history-lin-siniang/