-11-

As Clint said goodbye to his wife, they were all ready to go. Bruce was heading back to the tower with Fury whilst Tony headed to the Nexus. Riley was leant us against a pillar that held up the roof above the porch, waiting for everyone to leave the house.

The first one to leave was Natasha to leave the house. Rolling their hips, Riley stood up straight, their weight finally back on their feet, following Natasha towards the quinjet.

"Are you prepared?" Natasha asked their friend, both of them taking large strides to make their way to the quinjet swiftly. Riley looked down at their feet as they walked faster than their usual speed.

"Not really," they answer truthfully, "but I'm going to have to suck it up." They looked up to face Natasha, her already looking at them.

"That's the spirit." Natasha smiled at them, looking forward towards the direction of the team's jet that wasn't too far away from them now. The large door falling slowly, allowing them to enter the jet. When the two of them walked up the slope, Riley went over to their bag in the corner, taking off their ring and putting it back into the small pocket that the bag had.

Steve and Clint weren't too far behind, entering the jet swiftly. "We're headed for U-Gin Genetics Research Lab in Seoul, Korea. It'll take a few hours." Steve told the group, that walking over to the driver's seat to put in the destination.

"Riley, you finally accepted Steve's offer?" Clint asked his friend.

"No, I'm just tagging alone for fun." They sarcastically answered, flicking their wrist towards Clint. He raised his brows, pretending that he took the answer seriously. During this, the engines of the jet started up loudly, lifting up off the ground. Whirring, the jet started to fly off into the air, moving towards the destination.

Hours of flying were ahead of the team but they knew it like go by quicker than expected, so none of them were willing to let their guard down. If not flying the jet, they were stood up, bouncing on their toes to keep themselves moving.

-

When the destination was in sight, Clint got into the driver's seat, swapping with Steve as he got prepared to jump onto a roof top nearby. Adjusting a few parts of their suit, Riley was now fully ready to execute the plan. With a grunt, Steve landed on top of a roof, running up some steps to get higher up.

"Two minutes. Stay close." Steve told everyone. Clint did as he said, keeping in close proximity of Captain America as he got prepared to head to the research lab. Riley was adjusting their belt that held various items they were told they need, trying to find something to fiddle with to calm their nerves. Although that pep talk from Fury motivated them, it didn't make their fear of failing disappear internally. During this, the quinjet flew over the city, Natasha now up in front with Clint.

"Dr Cho!" Steve could be heard calling through the earpiece.

"He's uploading himself into the body." Helen Cho could be heard explaining, out of breath.

"Where?"

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable." She warned him. "You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First, I have to find it."

"Go." She ordered him, her voice weak as she continued to breathe heavily.