-5-

"Worthy," an unfamiliar voice spoke after the loud ringing came to a halt. Riley looked up, lifting their hands away from their ears as they did so. A machine walked slowly towards everyone, raising its feet in a weird pattern, looking stiff as it did so. Everyone was now facing towards it, confusion painting their faces. "No," it spoke again , turning around to show its face that shone with light blue lights, "How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Stark," Steve said, not taking his eyes away from the mechanical figure.

"Jarvis," Tony tried to get a hold on his A.I, but to no avail.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep," the machine apologised, looking down at its raised arm. Riley furrowed their eyebrows, noticing the avengers symbol on its chest that must of been scrapped from Tony's previous inventions. "Or, I was a-dream."

"Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit," Tony muttered to himself, pressing buttons on the small holographic screen he had up.

"There was this terrible noise," the robot continued, "And I was tangled in... in... strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve asked, his voice sounding stern as he did.

"Wouldn't have been my first call," he replied, "But, down in the real world, were faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asked. Riley and Helen were stood behind the tall man as he gripped his hammer tightly. The machine made strange noises before it played an audio clip that it had collected from who knows how long ago.

"I see a suit of armour around the world," the voice sounded like Tony, everyone knew that immediately. The man in question tensed up slightly at this, rolling his shoulders back slightly.

"Ultron," Bruce said when a sudden wave of realisation hit him.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet," he corrected himself, "Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready." Thor readjusted him grip once again on his weapon as a click came from Maria for Riley to see that she had her gun out ready. "I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Natasha asked Ultron turned his head.

"Peace in our time," he simply stated. As soon as he finished his sentence, three similar looking robots blasted through the walls behind him, shattering glass as they did. Everyone acted quickly, falling to the floor to protect themselves whilst Steve flipped the table up to act as a makeshift shield. One of the robots charged into him, knocking him over the couch and onto the floor.

Riley scrambled away from the area as Maria aimed her gun and started shooting. Thor swung his hammer at another mechanical enemy, flinging it was far away from him. Riley witness Tony get flung into a shelf full of books after jumping over the railing and sliding over a slanted window with Rhodey, only for him to shoved back into one of the panes and crash onto the floor below it.

Thor attacked another robot with his hammer as Clint quickly grabbed Riley's forearm and dragged them along with him as he slid under a table to get out of any possible target spots. The two put their hand out to stop themselves easier at the wall. Catching their breath, they both looked back at what was happening. Gunshots fired and lights flashed as the Avengers fought.