-1-

Riley cleaned the kitchen to prepare for dinner. They were nearly done before receiving a message from their boss: Tony Stark. Being the famous billionaire's assistant came with its pros and cons, but the experience in its entirety was incredible and something that Riley was glad they didn't pass up on.

Redirecting their attention to their mobile device, they read the message to themself.

Slowly switching off the screen on their device, Riley took a deep breath, trying to collect their thoughts; their long time crush was visiting and they only found out the night he was suppose to arrive

Jee, thanks boss.

They walked over to where the plates were kept, nervously grabbing an extra one from the top of the pile as the music played through their phone they left on the counter. The song was quiet enough for them to hear the clatter of the plate against the marble counter that shone underneath the grand lights that the kitchen bared.

When one of Riley's favourite song came to an end, so did the job of getting dinner ready. The different parts of the meal were placed neatly around the island, allowing the superhero team to pick and choose what they want as they please. The strong smell of the dishes filled Riley's nose as they washed their hands so they could stop the song from playing without getting their phone dirty and get changed into something that wasn't covered in the ingredients they used to cook this evening.

Unfortunately, the familiar, infamous banter from their boss and his teammates could be heard from the hallway nearby, causing Riley to internally grown from their poor timing. Looking down at their clothes, they were thankful their wore the apron they got recently. Quickly untying the knot they tied at the back, they folded the apron in half near the sink, revealing the outfit they had on through the day. The apron caught nearly all the mess, only a few bits of food got on their outfit.

"Riley!" The familiar booming voice of Thor called out, causing them to turn in place to face the God, flashing him a bright smile. They walked stouts the kitchen counter to get to him as he spread out his arms to engulf them in a hug. "It's been far too long since I've seen you!"

"It has! Glad you're finally able to visit," they agreed, squeezing their close friend tightly before releasing from the hug to go greet the others- be it with a quick side-hug, or similar bear hug they got from Thor.

Riley had grown close to the other Avengers whilst they worked for Tony, talking to them not only for work, but to hang out and enjoy each other's company. It was nice knowing that they could see the Avengers as friends, and not just superiors (though they still walked eggshells around the team sometimes).

However, Riley and Thor have always been very close; they bonded immediately. Every time he was around, Riley would walk about with a spring in their step and smile on their face. It was obvious that they had developed a crush on the God, causing some of their boss' teammates to tease them about it. Riley was just thankful that the one they were crushing on was oblivious to their feelings for him.

Overlapping compliments came from everyone as they finally got a good look at the meal that was laying before them. Riley thanked them all, their nerves from Thor unexpectedly being here slowly fading away.

"I need to finish up some work, so I'll just grab a plate and head off," they explained, swiping a plate from the pile and scanning for the food they had their eyes on as they were cooking. Complaints rose from the group from this statement, causing Riley to stop in their tracks, pulling their arm back to their side so they weren't leaning over food.

"Come on, can't you do work later and just hang out with us for a bit?" Natasha pleaded. Mummers of agreement at this idea come from the others, making Riley look over at their boss for some sort of 'Yes or No' to the whole situation. He shrugged, signalling that it was their choice to make.

Sighing in defeat, they spoke: "Okay, fine," small cheers came from their friends, "but only because I don't want to loose the 'favourite friend' title." Chuckling, the team continued to grab their desired food and continuing their previous conversations as Riley took a seat next to Thor, smiling at him as they did so. He smiled back, allowing Riley's nerves to calm down completely.

-

The night continued as everyone went off and did their own thing. Riley did the final pieces of work they needed to do before emailing some of them to their boss. Only then did they notice how dry their mouth had gotten, so they sent the last email before tiredly dragging their feet towards the kitchen once again.

The cold breeze from the fridge woke them up slightly, but so could've the weird smell that all the different food mixed together caused. Either way, they looked for something to quench their thirst before heading the sleep. Finding their desired drink, they grabbed it, closing the fridge and heading back to their room, only to see Thor looking around near the kitchen, looking slightly confused.

"You doing okay there?" Riley questioned, causing the god to look up from what he was going at gave them, "It's pretty late, what are you doing up?" He smiled slightly before answering, happy to see his friend.

"Gods don't need to sleep, so I'm just walking around to see what's new," he explained. Riley nodded slowly, leaning against the kitchen island and taking a sip of their drink.

"Not much has changed," they said between sips, "only a few furniture rearrangements here and there." Thor nodded, finally noticing some of the changes now knowing this information. The two stood in silence; Riley finishing their drink before putting away the remains of it in its designated place and Thor looking around one of the many lounge areas in the facility (this one being designated to the kitchen).

"Well, I have to wake up early tomorrow, so I shouldn't be up this late," they confessed, receiving a small chuckle from the blonde god, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Riley," he bid, giving a quick wave as Riley walked off, giving one back.

He stood there, not knowing what to do now; he now knew what had changed in the tower, but he didn't really care that much about it. In all honesty, he just wanted to chat more with Riley. They may of sat next to each other at dinner, but they were always checking the phone before apologising when they were caught, saying they were just checking the time. And when they did join the conversation, it was either to crack a joke or respond to someone with a sarcastic comment. The God had caught up with everyone but Riley, which confused him as they have always been close and always talked to each other about the things they've done whilst away as soon as they were together.

Shaking away these sudden nerves he had, Thor decided to head back to his room he had at the tower ; even if he didn't need to sleep, he did need time to himself. Sighing, he began his walk back to his room, trying not to overthink what's going on between him and his close friend, Riley.