-2-

As the sun shone through the window of Riley's bedroom, causing them to groan at the sudden, unsolicited  wake-up-call. Deciding that it was time to do something productive, they sat up and turned themself around, letting their legs dangle off the side. Stretching, they got up to get changed out of their pyjamas. 

Riley pat down their clothes a bit as they checked if everything was alright in the mirror that was in their room before heading to get today's work for Tony. They find him in his lab with Bruce; the two friends were discussing an upcoming project and how they're going to achieve it.

Joining in on the light chatter here and there, they decided to stay in the lab as they did some work, they enjoyed being able to spend time with their friends and it'll be easier to stay near their boss rather than searching for ages to find him in the tower. The conversation went through one ear and out the other as they continued doing their work.

"What are you guys thinking for lunch?" Riley asked, realising the time was nearing 1pm. The two scientists looked over to them, this being the first time in a while they've spoken.

"Why don't you choose today?" Bruce suggested, causing Tony to groan.

"But I really wanted pizza," he complained, turning to his friend that suggested otherwise. He rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to his work.

"We can have pizza if you want," Riley agreed, "I don't mind what we have anyways." Receiving a small cheer from Tony, they got ready to ask the rest of their friends what they want.

-

Riley was ready to head out to get the pizza, deciding that they would enjoy going on a walk. "Okay, I'm heading out to get lunch," the announced the the others in the room before looking up to see Thor there with the others. Smiling the themself, they asked: "Hey Thor, want to come on the walk with me?"

He turned his attention away from the others, grinning at the offer, "I'd love to!" The response cause Riley to smile more as they both headed out of the tower together.

Thor was glad that he was finally able to spend time with Riley, allowing him to catch up with what he's missed since he's been gone. Both of them stayed quiet, mostly, as they made their way to the streets of New York City to start their trip to the pizza place.

"So," the God finally spoke, grabbing the attention of his friend beside him, "What have I missed since I've been gone?"

"Well, I finally took up Natasha's offer to start training with her. We spar together every so often during the week and she teaches me basic self defence," Riley explained, remembering the first time they worked out with Natasha and the aftermath of that, "I've been doing that for a few months now."

"Have you gotten any better since you started?"

"Um... sure, you could say that," Riley joked, laughing slightly along side Thor, "I've also started looking for a new job."

"What?" He quickly turned his head to face them, shocked at this sudden news. Riley, confused at this reaction, faced him with an eyebrow raised.

"D'You really expect me to be Tony's assistant for any longer? I've work for him for nearly three years now," they dryly chuckled at their own response. "I've been thinking about it for a while now before bringing it up with Tony. He was actually pretty encouraging about the idea."

"How long till you leave?" Thor questioned.

"Don't know yet, haven't found a career I'd like to pursue," Riley admitted, thinking about the many times they checked their phone over the past couple of weeks to see if anyone had emailed them with job offers. "I'll still visit you all when I find a new job, if that's what you're worried about."

The blonde looked over to his friend once again, a small smile tugging at the ends of his slightly chapped lip. "Good, I'm glad," he finally spoke.

"Now that told you what you've missed, now it's your turn," Riley said, "tell me what I've missed."

-

"We're back!" Thor announced as the two friends made their into the kitchen, the pizza boxes spread evenly between the two so they could carry it all easier. The rest of the group looked over to them, excited to finally be able to put their hunger to rest.

"Nice!" Tony cheered, jumping up from the chair he was sitting on to grab some of the boxes in Riley's hands, Steve doing the same for Thor. Now all the boxes were set down for everyone one to look for the pizza they asked for. Various forms of 'Thank You' came from everyone through mouthfuls of food.

"Could've got here faster," Clint joked after swallowing the last bite of a pizza slice he took from Natasha's box, causing her to retaliate and take one of his. Riley rolled their eyes at his comment, trying to hide their grin forming from the banter.

"You're lucky I actually got you food, next time I won't feed you," they shot back without missing a beat, making the others laugh at the two friends playfully arguing. 

"Yeah, yeah- it's not like you'll immediately feel bad and apologise for 10 minutes," the archer stated, leading to Riley to loudly laugh over the other's chuckles.

"Yeah you're right," they agreed after catching their breathe from their small fit of laughter.