-4-

It was Saturday. The day of the party. Riley was talking to Steve as they both walked down the same hallway before reaching the elevator.

"What's the party for anyways?" Riley asked him when the topic of the party came up.

"Well, since we found the Scepter, Thor is heading back to Asgard, so we're throwing a little goodbye party for him," he explained, pressing the button on the elevator.

"What? He's leaving already?" Riley asked, disheartened, the sudden holt of the elevator startling them slightly. Steve shrugged.

"He came here for the Scepter, and we got it," he said, turning his eyes to the floor number for a second before averting his gaze back to Riley.

"Well, at least we have a party. You gonna stay for long than an hour this time?" They joked, nudging the arm of the super-soldier, grinning. He rolled his eyes, readjusting his grip on his belt whilst the elevator door opened. The two walked out of the elevator before heading their separate ways.

Seeing Tony going the same way they were, they decided to catch up to him, wanting to continue socialising. Slightly jogging to be next to him, Riley put their hand on his shoulder to grab his attention. He turned his head to face them, the tiredness in his eyes prominent.

"You alright?" They questioned.

"Yeah, just been working on this project for ages and it's not been going well," he explained, trying not give too many details to them. Riley nodded, knowing how dedicated he was to his work.

"Well, you better suck it up 'cuz we have Thor's party today," they reminded him, gaining a dry chuckle.

"Thank God, I really need a party," he sighed in relief, the extrovert in him showing. Riley talked with him more, before finally reaching what they came to this floor for: their laptop that they left here this morning. "Still waiting to get an email?"

"Yeah," they admitted, their smile fading slightly as they saw no new emails that related to jobs. They groaned slightly, closing their laptop again in defeat, picking it up and holding it close to their body.

"I might as well get ready for the party to pass the time," they said, trying to collect their excitement for the event this evening they lost due to what happened.

"Okay, don't get distracted," he reminded them, both jokingly and as a serious reminder.

-

The party was amazing so far. Upbeat music playing through the speakers as groups of people chatted amongst one another, with cold alcoholic beverages in hand. Even people who didn't know each other were talking in groups as if they've been friends for years.

Sam and Steve were playing pool as Riley watched, changing who they were betting on winning as the game continued, not want to loose the money they (somewhat) jokingly bet on.

"Ooh! Whoo!" Sam cheered as Steve muttered 'alright, alright' to nobody in particular, taking his weight off of the stick. "Come back, come back, come back," he repeated. Riley laughed, taking another long sip of their drink, only for them to groan at it ending up empty.

"I'm getting a refill, you want anything?" They raised their voice so the two men could hear them over the music. Sam shook his head, pointing over to his and Steve's new drinks they haven't drunk yet. They nodded, holding up their finger, signalling they'll be a minute.