-3-

It had been a few weeks since Thor has arrived and the team was frequently going on missions. Riley didn't mind them going away suddenly as it gave them the opportunity to get on with work with no distractions.

Riley woke up to the sound of... well, nothing. They usually hear music being played from somewhere in the tower, or the sound of friendly insults being thrown around. However, today wasn't like that; they heard no noise.

Getting out of bed quicker than usual, they didn't bother getting changed out of the clothes they slept in, only focusing on figuring out if the team was in the tower or not.

As they made their way to the floor above and entered Tony's lab, they saw a note folded neatly where they usually sit if they decide to do their work in there. The made their way over to it, curious to what it said.

"Well that answer my question," they sighed, thankful they now know where their friends are

"Well that answer my question," they sighed, thankful they now know where their friends are. Rubbing their face to try and rid their tiredness, they decided to head back to their room to get dressed. As they made their way back down the the floor below them, they started to wonder what the mission could have possibly been.

The ping of the elevator took them away from their mind going crazy with made-up missions they imagined the Avengers going on. They looked up at the hallway before heading back to their room, repeating the things they need to do in their head. Twisting the handle on the door, the laptop on their desk lit up from an email notification, gaining the attention of an excited Riley. Unfortunately, their excitement faded seeing that it was only an email from a news source that they keep putting off from unsubscribing.

"I should unsubscribe from that soon," they said to themself, closing the laptop and sitting back down on their bed with a sigh. Riley looked at the note again before putting it on the desk in defeat; they were tired of making fake missions and waiting for someone to email them a potential job offer.

Remembering that they didn't get dressed, they decided to be productive whilst the team was away, and since they had no work to be done as Tony left before they woke up, they decided to work out today. They got changed into something fit for a work out, they headed to the mini gym that the Avengers Tower had.

Trying to remember what they had taught before by the Avengers, they worked out for a little while, the music coming from their phone keeping them entertained. They lost track of the amount of songs they went through.

When another song ended and silence filled the training room, they finally heard the jet landing, its loud engines drowning out the song that finally began playing. Grabbing the small towel they brought down with them, they wiped away the sweat on their body and paused the music playing, holding the phone tightly in their hand.

Riley managed to catch up with Natasha as she walk speed-walking towards Bruce's lab. "Everything okay?" They questioned, walking along side their friend.

"I'm heading to Clint, he got hurt pretty bad on the mission," she explained slowing down slightly so Riley could comfortably walk alongside her.

"Oh shit. Guess the mission was pretty intense."

"Guess you could say that. Sorry we left before you woke up, we left pretty early in the morning anyways," she apologised on behalf of the team.

"Nah, it's okay," Riley responded, "I enjoyed my time alone in the tower anyways."

"Yeah, you look like you were productive today," she pointed out as the two walked pass the lab to go see Clint. He lay on a table, machinery tending to the wound on the side of his body as he groaned slightly in pain.

"Oh no, looks like Clint's age finally caught up with him," Riley sarcastically said, plastering a fake frown on their face. Clint dryly chuckled, obviously still in some pain.

"Good to see you too," he replied to their 'greeting', staying still as the machine did its job.

"Nice to see you, Riley." Dr Cho greeted, flashing them a quick smile before going to table next to the window, showing off the bigger lab a little big below this one. They gave her a quick nod before turning to Natasha as she spoke.

"You sure he's gonna be okay?" She asked. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." Clint looked up the the small group near him after another joke about him was thrown around.

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous." she explained as Bruce entered his lab, coat over his button up top; "His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacra."

"Shes creating tissue," he joyfully announced, still in awe at what Dr Cho was doing.  Natasha looked over to him, not saying a word before the conversation continued.

"If you brought him to my lab, the Regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes," she explained, looking back and forth between the group.

"Oh, he's flat-lining," Tony joked as he entered the room with six drinks in a makeshift, cardboard cup holder, "Call it. Time?" Riley chuckled slightly at the joke.

"No, no, no, I'm gonna live forever." He protested, laughing for a second before continuing, "I'm gonna be made of plastic."

Tony walked over to the others, handing them all a drink. Riley thanked him, taking a sip as they heard Tony grab Clint's attention to hand him the drink.

"You'll be made of you, Mr Barton," Dr Cho reassured, "Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

"I don't have a girlfriend," he stated, taking another long sip of the drink he was thankful to have.

"That I can't fix," Helen quickly responded. She grabbed her tablet that was two tables away from where she just was. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust."

The billionaire nodded. "That is exactly the plan. And, Helen, I expected to see you at the party on Saturday."

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." She answered, looking back down at her tablet.

"You're still going, right Riley?" He asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" They reminded him, gaining a quick finger gun from him.

Helen finally spoke up again, asking; "Will Thor be there?" Riley looked over to Natasha, both knowing what she meant from that question, smiling at her not-so-subtle way of hiding what she meant.