-12-

Pacing the floor of Tony's lab, Riley bit their nails- a habit they picked up from over the years. They began to, once again, overthink and create all these different scenarios of what Natasha may be facing right now.

"Anything on Nat?" Bruce nervously questioned Tony as he entreated his lab, the sleeves off his long sleeved shirt rolled up to his elbow.

"I haven't heard," Tony told him, "But she's alive, or Ultron would be rubbing our faces in it."

A grunt came from Clint as he jumped off of the Cradle. "This is sealed tight," he explained to the group, tapping the top of it as he spoke.

"We're gonna need to access the program," Bruce stated, "break it down from within." Riley moved closer to the Cradle and inspected what was in it: a human-like figure lay there with its eyes closed. They realised why Ultron needed all that vibranium.

"Any chance Natasha might leave you a message outside the internet?" Tony asked Clint, "Old-school spy stuff?"

"There are some nets I can cast," he offered as Bruce scrolled through information that he had up on his computer. Clint made his way to the stairs, muttering, "Yeah, I'll find her."

"I can work on tissue degeneration if you could fry whatever operational system Cho implanted," Bruce ordered Tony, not looking at him in the eyes as he pressed some buttons on the side of the Cradle.

"Yeah, about that..." Tony began, scratching the back of his neck. Riley looked up at him, their brows furrowing before realising what he meant.

"No," both Bruce and Riley sternly said in unison.

"You have to trust me."

"Kind of don't," Bruce protested, walking backwards as Tony walked towards him, this distance between them not changing because of this.

"Our ally, the guy protecting the military's nuclear codes, I found him," Tony flipped the tablet he had in his hand, presenting the same orange hologram-like orb that he showed after Ultron's first attack.

"Hello, Dr Banner, Mx Loftin," the voice of Jarvis greeted, his robotic voice filling the room. Both of the people mentioned had confusion painted all over their faces at the sight.

"Ultron didn't go after Jarvis because he was angry," Tony started to explain, "He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do. So Jarvis went underground. Scattered, dumped his memory. But not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there until I pieced him together."

Bruce's scoffed, Riley still in shock, as he tried to put together the information Tony had just given him and put it in his own words. "So, you want me to help you put Jarvis into this thing?"

"No! Of course not. I wanna help you put Jarvis in this thing," he corrected his friend's summary, making him shake his head feverishly. "We're out of my field, here. You know bio-organics better than anyone."

"And you just assume that Jarvis' operational matrix can beat Ultron's?"

"Jarvis has been beating him from the inside without knowing it," Tony told Bruce, "This is the opportunity. We can create Ultron's perfect self without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality. We have to."