-9-

The last thing that Riley could remember was having to be helped to get back to the quinjet. Clint was the one to find them, backed up against a wall, their eyes glowing red like how the other's in team were.

Now Riley had tucked themself close up against the back of a chair, legs crossed with their eyes directed towards their hands in their lap.

Everyone in the team was exhausted. Be it because of the things they saw due to the power-possessing girl, or because of the battle they all had to endure.

"The news is loving you guys." Maria told them via the radio. "Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

"Everyone's..." he started, "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Maria explained, causing Tony to sigh.

"Neither do we." He finished talking to Maria, ending the call and walking over to Clint who was flying the jet. "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good." He politely brushed away the offer. "If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from where?" Tony asked, not knowing that he had a destination in mind already.

"A safe house." He simply stated. Tony didn't question any further, predicting that his friend wouldn't give him anymore details. As Tony walked back to his seat, he saw his other friends' distressed faces.

Steve had his eyes closed as he sat in one of the seats; Natasha's face was cold and numb, looking down at the floor as she zoned out; Thor paced back and forth on the opposite side to where the other two were seated, cracking his knuckles now-and-again.

Riley was now up out of their seat, walking over to where they had left their bag from when they first boarded the jet back at the Tower. They were going through each section, taking some objects out of it to get a better look.

Bruce was handling it the worse out of everyone. Whilst everyone seemed to be staying still, he kept tossing and turning on the floor where he sat, wrapping and rewrapping the think blanket he had around himself multiple times, before becoming uncomfortable and depressing the process all over again.

Tony sadly sighed at the sight of his team in distress, aware of what one of the twins had done to them, but not aware of what they saw; they've all be silent since getting onto the jet.

"Barton said we have a few more hours until we get to our destination." Tony told them all, "Get some sleep if you'd like." Riley sat down in their seat once again, now with the ring (that they got from their bag) they took of before the mission on their finger once again. Thinking about what Tony said, they decided it would be best to get some rest after what happened; they just had their first mission and had to go through that. As uncomfortable as it was to attempt to sleep on the jet's seat, they tried their best to, massaging their strained neck a few times as they finally managed to fall asleep.