Chapter 24

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Birdius and Lizardus?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

At last, the hut was finally finished, Everyone admired their hard work.

“So what do you guys think?” Rapunzel asks.

“Huh, It will be perfect once we add a door to protect us from all these insects,” Cass says as Pascal east one of the bugs.

“No matter how big your appetite is, little guy. You can't eat all these bugs.”

You smirk, “I’m pretty sure Leo would help him. If he was here and not with the boys at least.”

“C’mon, let’s go collect some bamboo.” Rapunzel signals to follow her.

After a while of picking bamboo, you all decided to head back.  Sebastian and Max carried massive piles while You, Cass, Rapunzel, Sophie and Ash carried a decent amount.

But little Pascal couldn't even manage one stick. Rapunzel picks him up, “Don’t worry little guy, i'm sure we’ll find something for you to do. Awh, I just can’t get over how cute that grass skirt is on you! I just wanna boop your little belly all day! Boop!” She pokes at Pascal's stomach, making Pascal growl and throw the grass skirt as Rapunzel walks away.

Meanwhile, a small hand grabs the skirt from the floor and into the bushes.

Growling struck the forest, Cass stood protectively in front of everyone, “Hang on, I think we’ve got company.”

Sophie drew out her sword and got in a stance in front of you and Rapunzel with Cass when a tall figure popped into the shadows… with hundreds of eyes?

Suddenly it broke apart and tiny little leaf men revealed themselves, “ATTACK!!”

Rapunzel gasps, “Run!!”

Everyone ran for their lives, as the leaf people scattered around, with mini spears.

“Why are we running from them?! We could easily take them out!” Sophie asks.

“Uh, good question.” You say as everyone jumps down a cliff to a small little cave.

“Quick in here!” Cass whispers.

You all run in and hide behind the wall, Cass checks to see if they're still there. “I think we lost them.” 

Rapunzel's eyes widen, “What is this place?”

Scattered inside the cave were monuments and paintings, all looking quite old.

“Huh, these drawings look a little like you, Pascal.” Rapunzel points out.

You hum in thought, “Hm, strange… and there's one of a pink-bird.-”

Before you could finish that sentence, the roaring of the leaf peoples shouting echoed in the cave.

Rapunzel and Cass grab yours and Sophie’s wrists, pulling you behind a monument. Pascal camouflages into one of the stone Chameleons as the leaf people enter. They all stop at the monument.

Meanwhile,  Leo flew into the cave, freaked about the noises and crashed into a monument. A pot of pink paint covered him, making the well-known bluebird turn into a... You guessed it, pink bird.

“You know we can still see you, right?” One of the leaf people say. 

Everyone gets up and surrenders, “Heh, you got us. You must be really good at  hide-and-seek.” Rapunzel laughs awkwardly.