Chapter 47 - Mirror, Mirror!

.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Mirror, mirror!

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Three years ago...

It was a typical day at Corona for you, living in the castle while missing all you had known before, Flynn, the criminal life, and... Varian. It was becoming hell in four walls after a few months of this. What would you do if you had five minutes to walk beyond the Corona walls, even if it was merely to go outside the palace walls without a trail of guards? But little did you know, that was all about to change.

"We need her back on the road again, your majesty," Quirin spoke to the king of Corona, attempting to persuade him to understand his point of view. "If the star crystal is in Corona any longer, I worry that the same tragedy that happened to Saporia would soon befall Corona."

"I also recall you mentioning that the three magical drops on their own will attempt to locate each other Quirin, no matter how hard we try to stop it, it might be better for the kids to see each other," King Fredric sighed, placing his index finger and thumb on the bridge of his nose.

"But, sir, we have no clue what will happen when the Star crystal and moonstone mix; they're both destructive. What if it turns out that-" Quirin exhaled deeply. "Varian is the only thing I have left of my beloved Ulla, I can't lose him too,"

Fredric carefully considered his options; what could he do in this situation? "Quirin, we've had the girl for a while and have kept at least two guards with her at all times. But nothing occurred, and she seemed to be perfectly content. Aside from the fact that she misses her friend from before she relocated here. You must keep in mind that she is much more than simply a star crystal; she is also a person. A person who is, um, 'troubled.' Even if you blame Ulla's death on the star crystal, miss (__) isn't the crystal herself."

Quirin sighed, "I suppose you're right, I'll take her to see Varian tonight. Maybe those black rocks around the monument will go once the moonstone realises the star crystal is around. I hope at least."

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Present-day

Everyone was stuck in the caravan as a storm pursued to pelt down the wooden caravan. Menacing clouds loomed around everyone, swirling as they conjured a mighty storm. It was raining so much that it even started to leak into the caravan which Varian was trying his best to fix.

Meanwhile, Cassandra was practising her sword tricks, cutting an apple into perfect slices using her sword. Cassandra smiled proudly at her eight nicely cut apple pieces, "Eight perfect slices."

Even though you were engaged practising your sword fighting abilities with a dummy, you glanced over at her. "Hey, good job Cass!"

SqUaRk!

Rapunzel's quill... It had been squeaking for about a week and was becoming more aggravating than calliope. Okay, not as annoying as she used to be, but it's still annoying. Cass crossed her arms. "Ugh, Raps, do you mind?"

"What?" Rapunzel was still scribbling in her diary when she heard a high-pitched tune... Lance's whistling. Rapunzel muttered and slouched in her chair while Lance continued to whistle.

Meanwhile, everyone else was also doing their own things in the other side of the caravan, Sophie styling her hair into a french braid, Eugene checking himself out in the mirror, Lance whistling and Shorty bathing in his mini bathtub.