Chaper 25 - Pascal and Leo to the rescue

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Pascal and Leo to the rescue!

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

The Lorb showed Pascal and Leo a burnt piece of fruit, “Here is our most prized crop, the popoian fruit. Unfortunately, we lost it all in the blaze of the evil firefly. We face starvation! But the gloopen hoogen and his trusty assistant have arrived in the nick of time!”

You looked past the Lorb to see all the land burnt to a crisp. “They think a firefly did this? I don't think they know how fireflies work.” You touch the burnt wood.

Two insects fly above the Lorbs, freaking them out until Leo and Pascal eat the pesky bugs, making the leaf men cheer and bow down to the tiny animals. Pascal bows too but once again, Leo freaks with the noise and shoots back under your hair.

“C’mon, Leo. They're not gonna hurt you. Where's my little brave bird gone, huh?” 

Leo came out from under your hair and glanced down but soon had a look of determination smeared over his face and flew over to the lorbs.

All the lorbs bowed down Leo, “Masters, With your powers, we can rid our village from the crop-eating vermin! We shall mark this occasion with the feast of Lizardus and Birdius!” The lorbs carried over a shell chariot with two seats, one raised higher than the other. Both of them sat on the seats made for them, one animal being more comfortable with the situation than the other.

Everyone looked concerned at the animals as Ash growled at the Lorbs that tried to ride her like a horse.

Once you got back to their village, You, Rapunzel, Cass and Sophie were handed leaves to fan both of the animals. Cass and Rapunzel fanned Pascal while you and Sophie took Leo.

“Fan quicker!” One lorb shouted. “That's too fast! Ugh! Frine floofers are so hard to train!”

Leo looked at you saddened (Also still annoyed by the paint)  while Pascal enjoyed his royal treatment.

“Ugh! You little frine floofers are awful! You know what, you two go collect mud. Old frine floofers, follow me!”

A lorb pointed you and Sophie to a pond of mud, were they really gonna make you collect mud?

Sophie groaned, “No way, Were ain't no slaves!”

“Bad Frine floofer!”

“No point Soph, might as well do as they want.” You sighed, collecting mud.

After a while, Cass and Rapunzel joined in collecting mud for Pascal's face mask while Leo refused to have any more weird substances on his feathers.

Sophie growled slightly, “Are we done yet? You've been giving Pascal a facial for two hours!”

A lorb comes over, “Yes, you may be done. Now come on frine floofers! And you!” the lorb pointed at you.

“Uh, yes?” 

“You carry Birdius to his throne. He seems to have an attachment to frine floofers. I mean it is suspected anyway, Birdius was always known to be less superior than Lizardus.”

A glare appeared on your face, “I’m most positive that Birdius is just as equal as Lizardus.”

Leo hopped onto your shoulder while you were walking too their thrones, half of the paint was off him by now and what was left was peeling slightly.

Walking to everyone, you sat down on a rock and sighed. “Look raps, this has been fun, but in all honesty, NO it hasn't!”

Rapunzel played with the food, “Granted this isn't the best- what is this soup?”