The First Contest! Lyric's Time to Shine!

Lyric: Let's see... How should we enter the stage this time, Amber?

The wolf Pokémon sat on the floor, then goes off to grab some different garb. He presents a kimono in his size.

Lyric: Ah, I've heard of these...! They're popular in Kanto and Johto. A kimono, right? So I wear this, then what?

Amber gives him a demonstration, and Lyric nods.

Lyric: I see! Okay, then we'll do just that! And then...what if we had Stark use Sandstorm to create a veil of sand for me to dance in!? Then you come in with a light howl, and a Stone Edge to raise me up. Then once I'm raised up, you create more Stone platforms with Stone Edge, just in a descending way to place me center stage!

Amber barks in response, very excited by this plan. And for context, Stark is Lyric's Steelix.

Lyric: Okay. I'll grab Stark right now, then maybe for the appeal rounds...I'll bring in Amu and show off the appeal of Fighting types!

After changing his clothes, he now wore an orange colored kimono with a lighter, more cream colored wave pattern on the sleeves and at the bottom of the outfit. Once he's changed and put on some traditional Kantonian footwear, he walks over to the PC to grab Stark the Steelix and Amu the Lucario, exchanging them for his Scolipede and Zoroark.

Lyric: Okay. I think I'm ready. Are you, Amber?

Amber barked in response, his tail wagging excitedly.

Lyric: Great! Let's head to the waiting room.

The pair went to said waiting room, where the three other Coordinators were waiting for the contest to start. One of them was Reese, in her favorite and most famous black leather outfit.

Outside, it was just about ready. To help announce the Contests, Lissia, the biggest star in Hoenn, was there to announce and explain everything for new watchers.

Lissia: Hello fans and newcomers alike! Welcome to the Saffron City World Series Contest! I hope your ready, because we got a pair of really big names! But first, we should explain how this contest works. On the arm rests of your seats, there are a pair of buttons, one blue, one red. These are for the Appeal rounds. During the Appeal rounds, the audience gets to decide which Coordinator left the best impression on them. The two Coordinators will stand either on the left, the blue side, or the right, the red side. You guys press whichever button depending on the Coordinators color. The votes are tallied automatically. Whoever fills the whole bar on the side of the stage with blue or red wins! Or if the time runs out, the one with the highest score will move on. Sounds simple right? Can I get a yeah?!

Lissia leans forward with her hand cupped around her ear to hear the audience cheer.

Lissia: Great! Without further ado, the introductory round! First, from Kanto, we have Miyuki!

The first girl, Miyuki, steps onto the stage, not having any sort of special act set up. Since this was her home, she was quite confident that she could win without doing a flashy entrance. Big mistake, as she would soon be overshadowed by the other four contestants.

Lissia: Next, please welcome Reese from Galar!

The girl from before, Reese, had her Corviknight fly her down from the top of the open contest hall, as she lets go, does a few flips, is caught by Corviknight again, released again, and gracefully floats down from Corviknight's Whirlwind.

The crowd cheers, and in a certain corner of the stadium, you could see a bunch of people cheering louder than the rest and waving banners about. She has a fan club, and a big one at that.