Ancient Sinnoh; Hisui

(A/N: Yes, the game is not out yet at the time of publishing this chapter. I am aware. But I am very excited. I wanted to release this chapter after I've at least played Legends Arceus, but I also want to continue this story. I haven't published anything about this yet, but I want this to succeed. So I hope you enjoy these time travel shenanigans.)

Lyric: *sigh*...

Sora: In a stump?

Lyric: Little bit...

Sora: Well, we're heading to Sinnoh right now... How about a change of pace and we can relax a bit today? I'll even buy you some some famous Sinnoh sweets.

Lyric: Really...?! You would do that...?!

Sora: Yeah. And as a bonus, I'll help you practice your routines.

Lyric: Yay! Thanks Sora!

The plane landed in Sinnoh's Eterna City, as the two got off and started sightseeing for a bit. The reason they were there was because a certain person asked if Sora could help with something, to which he agreed.

Sora: She should be around somewhere...

Sora was looking around the crowded airport as Lyric stuffed his face with brownies and cookies, buying ice cream sundaes and parfaits with Sora's pocket money. And very soon, Sora found who he was looking for.

Sora: Ah, Cynthia!

Cynthia, the champion of Sinnoh herself, had asked for Sora's help with researching the ancient history of Sinnoh.

Cynthia: There you are. Right on time. Is this your friend?

Sora: Yeah. That's Lyric over there. He's currently eating sweets, but I'm sure he'll follow along.

Cynthia: I see. Then let's head over to the condos, yes?

Sora: Yeah. C'mon, Lyric, let's get going!

Lyric: Coming!

Lyric spoke with a mouth full of brownie, cookie, ice cream, and frozen yogurt as he followed the two to a statue in the city.

Sora: So, what are we trying to find out?

Cynthia: Well, you see, there are a lot of conflicting historical records regarding the powers of the legendary and mythical Pokémon, as well as records talking about Pokémon of the past that aren't around today. Such as Wrydeer, or Basculegion. However, there is little evidence supporting these claims. And the only piece of info I could dig up was an old book I found in a library in Jubalife, with an encyclopedia of Pokémon that mentions these species.

Sora: So you want an second opinion on whether this encyclopedia holds water?

Cynthia: Exactly. And I thought you and your contest friend could help give that second opinion.

Sora: We can try. So, where's the book?

Cynthia places the book she was talking about on the table, as Sora began flipping through the page with Lyric looking over his shoulder.

Sora: I doubt this is real.

Cynthia: Oh? And why is that?

Sora: This was supposed to be ancient Sinnoh, right? So the heck is it called "Hisui"? And these evolutions lost in time don't make any sense as to why they aren't here in this time. Think about it, how could a Stantler in the past evolve into this "Wrydeer" before, but suddenly lose that evolution? How does that work?

Cynthia: What you say does make sense... Stantler here don't evolve, so why would they want to lose that evolution?

Lyric: I dunno... I think it's plausible.