Battle! Champion Florian

Once Lyric and Sora had finished their prep work in the morning, the pair meet up with Ike and Reese, who were both surprised to see the small male up so early.

Reese: Well this is unusual. Lyric, awake and on time?

Sora: My thoughts exactly. Even did his hair.

Lyric: What?! I call Foul Play!

Ike: Let's go. I'm itching to battle.

The four leave the academy together and make their way down to Mesagoza's plaza, as they receive their block sheets.

Sora: A Block, huh. Looks like the two blocks will converge and the two top trainers from each will end the event at sunset.

Lyric: I'm in B Block with Ike.

Ike nods, then looks past Lyric.

Ike: I don't mean to down talk you, Lyric, but I don't lose. Sora. I'm coming for you in the finals. So you'd better not lose.

Sora looks at Ike, smiles, and nods.

Sora: I don't plan on losing either.

Reese: I'll never understand these two...

Despite Reese not being a top class battler, she did have skill.

Reese: Who is my first opponent... Nemona? Hm. I suppose I'll do my best as well.

Lyric: I always go all out when I need to! Oh, I should check my opponent too... Arven? Hehe, sounds good!

Ike: Florian... Hm...

Sora: And my first opponent is someone named Penny.

———

Once the tournament started, A Block was the first group of trainers to battle. The tournament was simple. Single battles with both trainers using two Pokémon each. The trainers could swap Pokémon between rounds as well, to make sure everything was exciting for the crowd. The first round was Reese versus a girl named Nemona. Unsurprisingly for her, Reese lost. Sora afterward defeats the girl named Penny, who used two Eevees. From there, Sora moved his way to the A Block finals, but ends up losing to Nemona.

Once A Block was finished, Ike also lost to his opponent, Florian. He was shocked, of course, but he wasn't upset about the loss. After all, he battled the best he could against his opponent. Meanwhile, Lyric beat Arven, and made his way to the B Block finals, his final opponent being Florian. As Lyric finishes his prep, Ike comes up to him.

Ike: Lyric. Good luck to you. I just wanted to tell you that that kid has some serious talent.

Lyric: Seriously...? If it's coming from you, then I definitely need to bring my A game.

Deciding his pair of Pokémon, Lyric walks out of the prep room, and up to his opponent at the plaza.

Lyric: Man, I didn't think Ike would lose so quickly... He even said he would make it to the finals. But I guess it's me.

Florian: He was really strong. I could tell he worked hard to get to where he is. But I trained just as hard! So you ready?

Lyric: Yeah I am!

Clavell: If both trainers are ready, then you may begin!

Florian: Go, Excalidra!

Florian's first Pokémon was the Paldean Pseudo Legendary, Baxcalibur. A Dragon and Ice type.

Lyric: You're up, Amber!

Lyric, of course, had to bring his Dusk Form Lycanroc Amber to this battle. Strangely though, he sent him in first, which confused Sora since he always saved Amber for last.