Training in the Battle Frontier

Today, our beloved pair find their way to the Battle Frontier in the Sinnoh Region. Sora said he had some people to meet here, so of course Lyric tagged along to see what was going on. The two arrive at what's called the Battle Tower, as they are greeted by a tall blonde man.

???: Hey Sora!! Long time no see!

Lyric: Uh...who is this old guy...?

Sora: This is Palmer. He's the boss here at the Battle Tower.

Lyric: You know weird people...

Sora: Yeah.

Palmer: Hey now, that's not a nice way to greet someone!

Sora: I know, sorry. Anyway, Palmer, this is Lyric. My travel companion, and friend.

Palmer looks at the small male judgingly, then grins.

Palmer: She your girlfriend?

Sora: He's a boy.

Lyric: I'm a boy.

Palmer blinks twice, as if processing what was just said, then bursting into laughter.

Palmer: Okay, that was a good joke! But seriously, what's your relationship?

Sora: He's a boy.

Lyric: I'm a boy.

Once again, the male blinks, and laughs again.

Palmer: Ah, okay! I get it now! Hahaha, sorry! You clearly don't want me getting involved with your business!

Sora + Lyric: We're serious.

Palmer: Right right! Anyway, enough of that! So, what did you need from old Palmer, Sora?

Sora, with a sigh, answered him as directly as possible.

Sora: Do you think you could train me for the World Coronation Series?

Palmer: Oh...? So you're taking part in that, are you?

Sora: I am. Train me. Please.

Palmer: Well, I don't normally do special favors. You'd have to fight your way through the Battle Tower. But for you, I guess I can make an exception. You're one of the only trainers who could battle through, AND beat me. Twice even! So sure, I'll train you. But it won't be easy.

Lyric: Wait, Sora beat you? Twice?!

Palmer: Sure did! Come in and I'll show you!

The three enter the massive tower, and on the hall of fame of the tower, there was a picture of Sora and Fast shaking hands with Palmer.

Lyric: Wow... I knew he was amazing, but this is awesome!

Palmer: Alright. Are you ready to start?

Lyric: Right now?!

Palmer: No time like the present. Now go, Regigigas!

Palmer sends out his first Pokémon, the Legendary Regigigas.

Lyric: Holy- WHAT?! Why do you have that?!

Palmer: Hahaha! When you get as strong as me, one day even you could have a Legendary Pokémon too! Are you ready, Sora?!

Sora: Yeah. Go, Foxtrot!

Sora sends out his Roserade first.

Palmer: We'll have a series of three on three battles! No items! Let's see how many times you can knock us down before falling yourself!

Sora: Okay... Foxtrot, use Leech Seed!

Lyric was forced to just sit in the stands and watch the battles as they proceed. And Palmer didn't have just Regigigas, but he also had a Heatran and Crescelia too! Not only that, but a Milotic, Dragonite, and Ryhperior. When Sora beat the Legendaries, Palmer would switch to his normal Pokémon while the Legendaries heal, then switches back to the Legendaries after his normals faint for them to heal. This went on for hours on end, until all of Sora's Pokémon fainted at least once.