New King

"Hae Soo, you need to come with me right now" Ji mong seemed to be in urgent. "What happened?" I asked him worried something might have happened. "I can't tell you here" he ushered me to follow him. "I need your help with the king" we walked inside his room and I gasped at the sight in front of me. "What happened to him?"

"He is sick" Ji mong helped the sheets for the king. "Make some warm tea and stay with him here" he ordered me before leaving outside. "Your highness are you ok?" I walked towards him slowly. "You are here" he smiled which didn't reach his eyes. "Is it how I am going to die?" I shook my head. "You will be fine. You are just sick" he gave me a small smile. "I know why Sooyeon liked you so much now"

"Here, drink some tea" I served him the tea which was already in the room. I tried to help him but he couldn't get up at all. "I will call Ji mong" I was about to leave but he stopped me. "I need a favour from you" I turned around and waited for him to tell me what he wants. "Can you go and get crown prince here?" I frowned at his words. "Me?"

"He isn't in the palace right now and with me being like this, there will be people who will want to take over the throne" I listened to him carefully. "You need to go and find him before they know about me" I nodded my head. "I will look for him" he raised his hand like he needs to say something. "Be careful of those who ask you if I am dead, that person is after the throne"

I walked out without alerting the guards. I thought for a while but I couldn't remember who would be fighting over the throne. I slapped my forehead in frustration. I feel like those soap opera characters who lose their memories at the important time. I couldn't remember what will happen to the king and who I need to escape from.

I couldn't read the story I wrote also since it is all in my old room. I peeked around slowly to check if anyone was there. "What are you doing here?" I flinched in surprise. "The king asked for some tea" I lied to prince Wook. "Did perhaps the king die?" my eyes widened at his words. Does that mean he is after the throne? "I need to know this" he grabbed my shoulders and tried to get the details from me.

"He asked me for the tea. So, I am on my way" I told him firmly before leaving from there. I frowned when I realized neither I know the route nor I have any transport. How the hell would I bring him here? "Hae Soo?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Prince So. "Why are you here?" I glanced around me to see if anyone was there. "The king sent me to look for crown prince" his face hardened at my words. "Did the king -?"

"He was on last breath when I came out. He might be by now" I told him awkwardly knowing I am talking about his father. "Wook has blocked all the roads to leave the city. We can't go out now" I thought about it. I think Woo Hee would be able to help us. "I know someone who can help us" I grabbed his hand and brought him to her.

"Go and bring him. I will manage till you return" he said after the discussion to Baekah. "Be careful" I told him to which he smiled. "Come with me" Prince So took me to the meeting room after that. "Are you ok?" I looked at him confused. "Your leg doesn't seem fine. You have been running around for a while now" I smiled at him. "I have been treating it so I am fine" it is not as bad as Hae Soo in the drama. I have been taking care of myself all this time.

"I should be asking you that though" he glanced at me sideway. "It is not just the king. He is your father" his face softened. "I am sorry" he looked at me teary eyed. "I miss him though I never spent much time with him" I wrapped my arms around him comforting him. "I know how it feels" I patted his back hoping to distract him.

After that we discussed about the current situation and all. I asked him not to kill anyone. I am losing memories of small details but I still remember major details of the drama. I know he will end up as ruthless king which Hae Soo changed in it. I don't want him to end up like that either. I don't know whether it would matter or not in the end but now, I want him to be a spotless character only.

Morning came and Prince Yo attacked the palace with Prince Wook. Prince Wook turned the table and pretended to support crown prince. Prince So ended up killing Prince Yo. But something is bothering me. I have a feeling this isn't going to be peaceful for lot of time. To my bad luck the papers which I wrote the story was missing. I need to find it before I lose some more people here. 

*******