14.

"I'm so s-scared, h-hyung." Taehyung says in a small voice while still looking down. Jungkook squeezes his hand gently and puts one of his fingers under his chin making him look up at him.

"Do be scared, Taehyung. I'm here. I won't let anything bad happen to you." He says with a smile that actually soothes the younger a little bit. He makes soothing circles at the back of the younger's hand and feels him relaxing in his touch.

(^correction: don't be scared)

"Jungkook, the nurse is here." The librarian suddenly appears along with the nurse of their university's infirmary. As soon as Taehyung sees the nurse, Jungkook sees all his efforts going in vain. The younger glares at the nurse with tears that threaten to fall from his eyes anytime.

"Come on, Taehyung, I can help you." The nurse says with a kind smile. Taehyung gulps as the woman inches closer to him. He sees that she is holding a syringe in her hand. His eyes widen at the sight. He starts breathing hard as he whispers, "N-No.... No! No, no! Stay away!"

Jungkook and the librarian are shocked again but the nurse maintains her calm. She again tries to move closer to the boy with the syringe containing the tranquilizer in her hand. "No, please. Please don't do this to me. Please stay away."

"Taehyung, she is doing it for your own good." Jungkook says as he tries holding the younger. But Taehyung pushes him away. He abruptly stands up and runs towards the exit of the library. The ravenette looks towards the door helplessly and turns towards the nurse and the librarian.

"I'm sorry. I think I'll just take him home or something. I'll call his family too. I guess that should help." Jungkook says while taking Namjoon's bag, ready to follow the younger.

"But he needs my help." The nurse says.

"But he doesn't want you. I had actually managed to calm him down a bit and I think I can do that again. Sorry for bothering both of you." He says and dashes out of the room. He quickly starts looking for the younger but he cannot find him.

"Taehyung!" He calls out his name as he checks all the nearby rooms. Where did he go? He wonders running a hand through his hair. He then spots a group of girls and decides to ask them. "Hey, have you seen Taehyung?" He asks once he is closer to them.

"Who's that?" One of the girls asks.

"Uh... he is-" Jungkook is interrupted by another girl who says, "Are you talking about that blonde hottie? The one who hangs out with Jimin and doesn't spare a glance at me?"

"Well, I'm not sure about the last part but he is blonde and he indeed hangs out with Jimin." Jungkook says, urgency is clearly evident in his voice.

"I think I saw him going towards the washroom." The girl says. Jungkook hurriedly thanks her and starts running again.

Once he reaches the washroom, he sees the boy staring at himself in the mirror. He looks very scared when he finally glances at Jungkook. As the ravenette takes a step closer to the blonde boy, Taehyung takes a step back and this continues until his back touches the wall. Jungkook is now standing very close to the younger boy making his heart beat violently in his chest.

"Taehyung!" He calls him, trying to bring him out of the trance.

"Please leave me alone." The blonde boy whimpers.

"I can't. I promised you that I'd help you."

"No! You called a fucking nurse." Taehyung suddenly yells, "You think I'm crazy. I'm not crazy. I'm perfectly fine."

"Hey, Tae!" Jungkook moves his hands to cup the younger's cheeks only to get pushed away again.

"Stay the fuck away from me!" Taehyung screams, "You are a liar. You are just like them. You think I'm crazy and you want to cure me. I'm not crazy. I'm just a normal boy."