39.

"No! Please, d-don't..." Jungkook wakes up from the sound of someone speaking. He is using the sleeping bag since Taehyung is on the bed. Jungkook glances at the time. It's 5 AM in the morning. His eyes fall on the bed, where Taehyung is curled up in a ball. His whole body is shaking and he is whimpering.

Is he having a panic attack? Or is it a nightmare? Jungkook thinks and quickly gets up. He moves to the bed and wraps his hand around the other boy. He leans closer to his ear and uses his other hand to run it through the younger's hair.

"Hey Tae, are you okay, baby?" He asks tenderly but it seems like Taehyung is far away and his voice can't reach him.

"Please don't kill me." Taehyung says again. He is crying and his state makes Jungkook want to cry too. But he can't. He has to be strong for Taehyung.

"You are safe, baby. I'm here." He says as he holds the younger in his embrace. He wonders what he should do and then he starts rocking him. He starts talking again, "Nothing will happen to you, Tae. You are safe with me. You'll always be because I won't let anything happen to you. Ever. You trust me, right? I want you to trust me."

Jungkook gently wipes away his tears and uses the towel, that he had brought earlier to dry Taehyung, to wipe away his sweat from his forehead. He keeps saying sweet nothings to him and rocking him. After a few minutes, Taehyung calms down. Jungkook feels relieved as he sees the younger relaxing. He pats his head and keeps kissing his forehead.

Although Taehyung was having a nightmare, he started calming down once Jungkook held him. He doesn't know why he had a nightmare after so long. He thought he wouldn't have to encounter them anymore once his treatment was over, but it seems like it's not the case. What triggered the nightmares? Was it what happened in the parking lot? Taehyung doesn't want them back. It took a lot of time for him to recover from them. He cannot afford to have nightmares again. He cannot afford to let his life get ruined.

It's 10 AM when Taehyung finally opens his eyes. The first thing he sees is Jungkook sleeping next to him. He can feel his arms wrapped around his waist gently yet firmly. A smile makes it's way on his face. He stares at the ravenette. He looks so peaceful. Taehyung feels like clicking a picture again. Maybe he can have a whole album of Jungkook's sleeping pictures.

He tries to turn towards Jungkook so that he can see his face properly, but that causes him to wince in pain. Because of Jungkook, he had almost forgotten what happened yesterday. But how can he forget? The pain in his body is the evidence of the dangerous situation he was in.

Taehyung squirms as the pain intensifies. Of course it hurts more the next day. Taehyung out of all people knows that very well.

Because of the movement and Taehyung's whimpering, Jungkook wakes up too. He opens his eyes and sees the younger's eyes squeezed shut. He quickly sits up and looks at Taehyung with concern, "Hey baby, are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?" He cups his cheeks with both his hands and makes him look in his eyes.

"Y-Yes." Taehyung hisses.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine. Let's get freshened up and have breakfast. Then you can take some painkillers and relax, okay?" Jungkook says and Taehyung nods. Even though he is in pain, he is overwhelmed because of Jungkook's care. He might get used to it. He loves it and it seems like he will get addicted soon if Jungkook keeps doing that.

The ravenette carries him to the bathroom and gives him an extra toothbrush. He then leaves and goes to the kitchen to make some breakfast for them. He decides to make pasta because he doesn't have much food stocked here. He didn't come to his studio often lately because he had been busy with the university fest.