TWELVE

Kai's large hand pressed against my forehead while biting his lip in concentration.
He was checking my temperature to see if I have a fever.

"Are you sure that you feel okay? You look so pale." He asked, scanning my face

When I woke up, I was not feeling well. It must be from walking out in the rain last night.
I should have been more careful because if I am out in the rain for too long, it's almost guaranteed that I will get sick from it.

"Really, I'm okay." I answer quietly.

I don't want to miss too much school, so I have to deal with it. I can handle a little cold, it's not that big of a problem. I'll just get through the day, then go home and sleep it off.

"Stay from school, I will take care of you."

"No, Kai. I need to attend school." His mouth drops into a frown.

Reluctantly, he let me get ready.
I don't understand why he is so concerned.

Once we were both finished getting ready for the day, he grabbed my hand and lead me out. His father left earlier, so we had already missed him.

Kai's fingers laced between mine, and I could feel his gaze on me. "Kai, I told you that I'm fine."

"I know." He said with a sigh, opening the car door for me to get in.

Once he began driving, I started to feel even worse. My skin was hot, but I was shivering. My entire body ached, so I tried getting comfortable in the seat.

Kai watched as I struggled, looking back at the road occasionally.

"Keep your eyes on the road, I'd rather not die today." I command, rubbing my sore eyes.

"How can I watch the road when you're worrying me. It looks like you are about to lose consciousness." He harshly says,
but I didn't care that his tone was coming off as rude. I'm just glad that he's actually showing concern.

I looked out the window, watching each of the cars go by. Everything was zooming passed, but my eyes glazed over. I don't feel like watching them anymore.

I sigh, burying my face into the palms of my hands. It's going to be hard sitting through school like this.

I hear a sigh escape Kai's lips, and he aggressively turns the car around. I peek from my hands to examine our surroundings.

"You're going the wrong way." I mutter.

"I'm pretty sure that I know how to get to my own house." He mumbles back, eyes set on the road.
My head shoots to his direction.

"Your house? I already told you, I can't miss school."

"Ari, you're sick. I'm not letting you go."

I can't believe that I have to argue with the bad boy about this.

His hands swiftly glide the wheel, turning the car in the direction it needs to go in order to get to his house.

Kai ended up bringing me back to his house, and let me sleep in his bed. He snuggled with me and continued asking if I needed anything.
Who knew that he could be such a sweetheart?

* * *

I felt something cold touch my forehead, and my eyes fluttered open.
Kai's face was hovering over mine, placing a cold wash cloth to calm my high temperature.

I flinched away, not expected to have him right by my face.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He cooed, kissing my cheek.
"I didn't mean to give you a shock."