THIRTEEN

"How are you feeling?" His deep voice asked. I look over at the blonde boy that was driving me home.

While Kai was holding me against that door, Kris came and basically rescued me.
Kai didn't end up hurting me, but it was enough to shake me up-- The way he slammed me against the wall, growling in my ear.

I shudder at the thought. "I would be a wreck if you hadn't come. Thank you, Kris."

"Don't thank me, I only did what any other decent human being would do."

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, we reached the dorms. Kris walked me up to the door, carrying my bags in his hands.

"Alright, I'll see you-"

"I'm coming inside. I just want to be sure that you make it safely." He interrupted and waited for me to unlock the door.

Obeying his wishes, I unlocked it and went inside. The minute I stepped through the door, Dongmei attacked me into a hug.
Kris hugged me after, placing my bags down and leaving.

"You had me worried sick." Dongmei spit, reminding me of the way Kai did that night.

"Sorry," I cooed.

"Are you going to school tomorrow?" She asked, carrying the bags to my room. I followed behind, humming in response.

She helped me unpack everything, then went into the kitchen to make some dinner for us. I took a shower while she prepared the food.
This gave me some time to reflect on everything that happened.

Maybe it is best if I avoid Kai tomorrow. Being in the same house with him for longer than a day probably got him too comfortable with me. So to solve this problem, I'm going to ignore him tomorrow.

Once I stepped out of the shower, my phone rang. After retrieving it, I slid my finger across the screen and answered it.

"Sehun," I greeted cheerfully. He chuckled on the other end of the line.

"Hello, did you miss me?"

"Yes, of course. How is your family?"

"Oh, right. My mom wants to stay a bit longer, is that okay?" He asked cautiously. Why wouldn't it be okay?

"Yes, Sehun. You do not need my permission to stay with your family."

"If something happens, I will find a way back."

"That won't be necessary." I assure, grinning from ear to ear. It's nice that he cares about me so much. "Just enjoy yourself."

"Tomorrow at school, I want you to stay with Luhan. I told him to watch over you the entire time that I'm gone."

"Why?"

"I don't want you to get lonely. Plus, who knows what that jerk Kai will-" he sneers, but I cut in.

"Thank you, I will stay by Luhan." He chuckled at my interruption.

After talking for awhile, I told Sehun that I needed to go so that I don't keep Dongmei waiting. We said our goodbyes, and he told me to call him once I get out of school tomorrow.

"Are you finally done?" Dongmei wined, peeking into my room. I nodded, following her into the kitchen.

We ate, and I told her everything happened. Well, I left out the part where Kai turned me into a vulnerable mess. Dongmei was suspicious, since Kris was the one to bring me home.

I feel bad for keeping it from her, but I don't want the girl to worry. I cause her enough trouble as it is.

Dongmei and I decided to watch a few movies, then call it a night.