THIRTY FOUR

"So, when can she get out of here?" His deep voice asked. The corner of my lips twitched up for a brief moment. His voice is my favorite sound.

And quite honestly, it's the only thing that can lull me to sleep at night when I'm in this damn place.

My slender fingers picked at the white material on the bed. This room is so plain... everything is a pure white. From the walls, to the floor, to the brand new curtains, it's all the same shade.

I squint in disapproval, silently wishing that the hospital would hire better people to decorate these rooms. I think it would make the patients feel more comfortable. Instead, I feel like I'm staring death in the face.

"She will be released as soon as her hydration is back to normal, Mr. Kim," the nurse spoke as she checked my vitals.

I smirked at the way she called Kai
'Mr. Kim'.

"That's great," he spoke. "Maybe you can increase the fluids, so she can quickly become hydrated."

A large smile spread across her face. I don't know how she maintains a happy state.
Maybe that's part of her job; to stay positive.

"Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. You'll just have to be patient," her dainty hand reached forward to rest on my shoulder. That heartwarming smile remained on her face. It felt like she was sending me good luck through her expression.

"But I am not a patient person," Kai mumbled.
The nurse removed her hand from my shoulder. She then grabbed Kai's wrist, and pressed it onto my cheek.

What an odd nurse, encouraging skinship.

Though she's an odd one, I really enjoyed whenever she checked on me. She had this light presence about her that not many people posses.

Moments later, I watched as her figure disappeared in the distance. My gaze adverted to Kai, as I knew he would have something to say.
He always has something to say.

"Ah, this is what it feels like."
His sight raked over the bed that I was lying in. When his dark eyes reached me, he smiled to himself.

'Why is everyone smiling?' I thought to myself.

Kai stepped forward, motioning me to scoot over and make some room so that he can sit down.

"What do you mean?" I question, looking at his facial features. He still had those faded bruises, and now there's some new ones to add.

But then again, there's also a large bandage wrapped around Kai's arm. When the car started to spin, Kai put his arm against my body so that I would remain in my seat.

"Last time we were here, it was because of me," he replied, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"This is still because of you," I tease.

"Oh, whatever~" he sang, but I could hear the slight guilt in his voice.

The guilt was sharply masked with a mischievous grin. This didn't surprise me, as Kai never dwells on a sad moment. He always knows how to turn it around.

"Remember last time?" He vaguely questioned.

"Of course I remember last time," I dumbly stated. Does he think I'm crazy? We were just speaking about that.

"No," he spoke. "Think harder."

I obeyed, pondering back to the days he was lying in the hospital bed.

I was upset and worried, panicking in every way possible. I should've realized sooner that I love this boy. I remember touching him, and we began to kiss. Then we Kai's friends entered the room because-