The phone call

One week ago, I tried to jump but was saved by a hobo like hero. Since then I tried to figure out who he was. I could remember someone calling him Eraserhead, so I searched the net for this peculiar hero but found only one video. After that, I did a little bit of hacking and found a lot more information about him.

If I ever see him again then I at least want to know how good my chances of escaping him are. Plus I would need a plan for it.

I also found out that, he never lost his target out of his sight and that I could call myself lucky at the hospital for managing to outrun him and lose him there.

After I met him and Present Mic everything got worse in my life. I found out that my mother left me in the apartment alone only because of her rather new boyfriend in another city. She also got a better job. The last thing I heard from her or rather read as she only left a note was this:

I can't stand living with you anymore. I found a nice boyfriend, a better job and a new house in a different city. The apartment is paid for the whole year. Consider this as a farewell gift. Do not contact me or try to find me, as I don't want to see or hear anything from a quirkless reject like yourself ever again!

At least I have a roof above me... but what now? What should I do? I don't have enough money to live by myself...

The school week was normal. Well normal for me as I get suicide baitings, spider lilies and beatings every day.

YEP the totally normal life of a quirkless abomination of nature! Totally normal if you ask me...

There were two questions I had in my mind. I never got the answer for them and as I did a lot of digging for the underground hero I also found out that, he was a teacher for the hero course at UA. Not only that but the loud mouth that was also at the hospital was his husband and they had an adoptive son with an apparently villainous quirk.

Both heroes were UA staff members so they surely know at least one answer to my questions.

I hated having unanswered questions. Normally I would do anything to get the answer for them even if it meant doing something more drastically and illegal like hacking. However, these two questions where haunting me for the past years, my whole life even! I needed an answer or I was sure I couldn't rest easily and might get a lost soul in the afterlife.

The day I ran away from the heroes and got home, I found a card in my pocked with my phone. It had the heroes name and his phone number. I was really pondering if I should call him or not. It took me one week to muster up my courage and call him.

Today was a Monday and I got home from a rather severe beating from the one and only future number 1 angry Pomeranian! Thanks to him, breathing in and out hurt. I was sure he broke a rib or two and they were scratching my lung. It was about 6 p.m. and I knew that the sleep-deprived hero would be at home.

How I knew this? Well let's say I stalked him the past week a little bit. Know yourself and you are good but know your opponent and you would be unbeatable, right?!

Here I was in my room with the phone in my hand.

Should I really call? Would I be a bother? I am sure he won't answer like my mother.

Before I knew it, I dialed the number and my phone was ringing. After the third ring I gave up my hope of him picking up.

I knew it. This was useless, like everything I do.

Then all of a sudden at the last moment, I could hear a tired and annoyed voice.

I knew this was a bad Idea! I bothered someone again...